Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laguna lake update 7/30/2017 (and a bit of information on Ralph b Clark)

Default laguna lake update 7/30/2017 (and a bit of information on Ralph b Clark)

It's my first time doing one of these however, I hope it informs about the area.Anyway I just went fishing about 3 hours and 30 minutes ago,have yet to see top water bite although I did see jumping bass around the weed area were the three creek ponds are.Therefore I though the bite was gonna be good today and it was, I was testing up some flukes and big TRDs but got one questionable bite on the TRD only. Almost all of the fisherman there were mainly focusing on covering ground when it the bass were not even in the mode to bite.However, around 4 pm I headed back to the weeds and starting fishing for the bass that hang their. I was surprised that I ended up being the only to catch bass at the time (they both were around 1-2) , i'm pretty sure that some other people did manage to catch some bass however, it was still cool to hook up on the bass.

Now, for the stuff about Ralph b Clark park is that the bass are also very active like laguna. I went yesterday around 7pm and it looked like that there can be top water action, although I did not manage to catch any of them, they were biting on the black and blue flake senkos. A guy caught around 5 fish on the same day to what I heard however the bass were small.Anyway that was the report and I do not know how to end the post so Bye

(update) here's the address

3120 Lakeview Dr, Fullerton, CA 92835
    laguna is in fullerton not riverside
    Last edited by Shadow_sos; 08-01-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_sos View Post
    .....I have yet to see top water bite although I did see jumping bass around the weed area were the three creek ponds are.
    Three creek ponds at Laguna lake?? I'm confused of your description.. Where are you referring to? There's only 1 body of water at Laguna lake.

I'd like to add my account to this post of fishing Laguna lake this past Friday. I only saw 2 smaller bass caught (1-2 lb'ers), along with a catfish by other fisherman that day. I had to leave around 6 pn....what I did see there was a guy in a boat dumping a powder into the lake ( he called it microbes), along with a blue/green dye that completely turned the water a dark color....the guy told me that the "fishing " would not be affected by this dye or powder, but that's questionable IMO.

Did you ask him who he was/who he was with and what was he dumping into the lake? Man I wouldn't hesitate asking these questions..

Quote Originally Posted by captn_fi View Post
    Three creek ponds at Laguna lake?? I'm confused of your description.. Where are you referring to? There's only 1 body of water at Laguna lake.

I'd like to add my account to this post of fishing Laguna lake this past Friday. I only saw 2 smaller bass caught (1-2 lb'ers), along with a catfish by other fisherman that day. I had to leave around 6 pn....what I did see there was a guy in a boat dumping a powder into the lake ( he called it microbes), along with a blue/green dye that completely turned the water a dark color....the guy told me that the "fishing " would not be affected by this dye or powder, but that's questionable IMO.
    I haven't been there in the last 2 months. However, I know it was leaking and the lake level was lowering. Yet in the middle on the North shore by the reeds there was a small creek. Put this all together, the description the OP gave could have been how he saw the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I haven't been there in the last 2 months. However, I know it was leaking and the lake level was lowering. Yet in the middle on the North shore by the reeds there was a small creek. Put this all together, the description the OP gave could have been how he saw the lake.
    You're right. The creek on the North side, middle of the lake. I guess his usage of the word "ponds" and the number 3 threw me off a little

Quote Originally Posted by captn_fi View Post

sorry for the horrible description if your taking about laguna niguel then that wasnt the lake I fished however, the laguna lake near riverside has a small creek including 3 small ponds which is by the weed or grass line at laguna.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_sos View Post
    sorry for the horrible description if your taking about laguna niguel then that wasnt the lake I fished however, the laguna lake near riverside has a small creek including 3 small ponds which is by the weed or grass line at laguna.
    welp, after reading the comments this explaining was kinda waste of time but anyway thanks to letting the guy know

I can see the confusion. I thought he was talking about Laguna Lake in Fullerton.

Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    I can see the confusion. I thought he was talking about Laguna Lake in Fullerton.
    I was talking about laguna lake in fullerton

Laguna lake in Riverside? Hmmmmm

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast