Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Legal Halibut And A Sargo 2 Day AM Report 7/27/17

Default Legal Halibut And A Sargo 2 Day AM Report 7/27/17

7/27

Headed out before work this morning to try and fish the ending of the Grunion run. Tide was a little higher than I liked. Low surf but a lot of salad around. I new I was in the right spot though. I saw a Sea Lion come up 10 feet in front of me in the dark. I could see some bait fish around too.

Fished the Lucky Craft for two hours and snagged a bunch of weeds and got one Sand Bass.

7/22/17

Sorry for the late report. Been working a lot of hours lately. Wanted to get the post in since it was a first for me on this day.

Saturday morning low tide conditions were pretty good. Low surf but still a lot of salad around. Fished a good hour or so before I feel a bump at the end of my line. I was fishing the Lucky Craft as usual.

The tug on the other end felt different and I had no idea what was on the other end. These fish put up a decent battle for there size.

My first Sargo on the hard bait. Nice to check that one off the list.

Went back to fishing and the tide was filling in. I was on the beach at 3:45 AM. Still looking for my Halibut. I was fan casting all over the place. Finally just as my time was running out I feel a nice thump on the other end. This one felt like the kind I was used too. After a brief battle I landed the 22 inch Halibut on the beach.

22" Halibut

Left the beach with a smile. Target acquired. June was great Halibut fishing. And it seems every July it slows down when the water warms up. Water felt like 75 degrees this morning. I'm seeing a pattern with these months. Hopefully August is better. Water needs to chill a few degrees and then bam! Back come the Halibut.

Been seeing a lot of great reports on these boards and tons of fish being caught. Really enjoy seeing all these fish!

Thanks for reading my report and good luck out there!

Until next tide.

Joel

Great report, thanks!

Jealous on the sargo Joel, it's on my bucket list