Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Mammoth Lakes trip 7/19-7/22

Default Mammoth Lakes trip 7/19-7/22

Took my wife and daughter up to Mammoth lakes area for a nice 3 night vacation. We camped 2 nights down at Sherwin Creek campgrounds which was a really good time. Our camp spot had a trail down to the creek which was 100 feet behind our site! Right away when we arrived I saw 3 trout. Once we setup camp I went back there and caught and released 2 off a meal worm. I've never caught a creek fish before so that was fun to see them strike!
    On Friday we rented a pontoon boat at lake mary and my wife caught 2 rainbows on the troll with a gold and red Thomas Bouyant. We headed up to Lake George for the afternoon and I caught a BEAUTIFUL native brook trout (which was another first for me) on a pink trout worm. all in all 5 fish caught... at least a fish at each body of water fished. And amazing memories!

Oh.... And, although I planned on eating one at camp, I ended up releasing all fish as I hate cleaning hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Took my wife and daughter up to Mammoth lakes area for a nice 3 night vacation. We camped 2 nights down at Sherwin Creek campgrounds which was a really good time. Our camp spot had a trail down to the creek which was 100 feet behind our site! Right away when we arrived I saw 3 trout. Once we setup camp I went back there and caught and released 2 off a meal worm. I've never caught a creek fish before so that was fun to see them strike!
    On Friday we rented a pontoon boat at lake mary and my wife caught 2 rainbows on the troll with a gold and red Thomas Bouyant. We headed up to Lake George for the afternoon and I caught a BEAUTIFUL native brook trout (which was another first for me) on a pink trout worm. all in all 5 fish caught... at least a fish at each body of water fished. And amazing memories!