Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic lake 7/24/17 630pm-730pm

Default Castaic lake 7/23/17 630pm-730pm

bite was hot. had around 6 bites at least. 4 fish on. 2 lost though 2 landed. even one of my keitech baits got hit so hard i only had it nose hooked on dropper loop set up. and bass just missed the hook and just left the head of bait on the hook that was one of the ones that didnt get on... ones i lost felt about the same weight or so as the ones i landed. water is just low enough for me to hike on the west side around to where the trail drops off into the 2nd cove and then hike around the waters edge to get to the last two points and this cliffy area. can easily snag and lose rig every cast but its cliffy a nice main point and lots of drop offs with varying depths even at close to shore. got one on the bait and wait small circle hook nightcrawler. and all other bites on a drop shot green and white senko type. here vid if you want to check it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23uQUSb9JHE
    went to lagoon for couple hours after main lake closed fry is everywhere but i couldnt snag anything dropshotting dark blue/black blue flake senko type.
    at the upper i also saw some super super small fish holding close to shore. like 1/2-1" long not sure what they are maybe bluegills didnt look like largemouth or striper fry though.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 07-24-2017 at 12:54 AM.