Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: update from last post, is Puddingstone any good?

Default update from last post, is Puddingstone any good?

last post I got a lot of info from anglers which was awesome, I went to perris lake and got stunked but I went to the bass pro shop (the one in ontario, CA I believe) and got myself some shallow water lures including a white chatter bait and the next day went to Ralph Clark park in the evening and missed a good bite :( in fact I went to talk to some other people that were using top water lures and finesse and they said they got no bites. Thank you people that suggested me the lures I should use although I didnt get luck on them. anyway I was thinking about going to Puddingstone to see if the bass are easier to catch than at my local ponds for practice.I saw the last post and it got me worried but if you have any information please share it, not only that it helps me it help other people that look at this post :D anyway see yea (cuz idk how to end this post)

Fishing from shore or a boat? Most of the shoreline is choked off in weeds right now so that limits what you can fish.

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Fishing from shore or a boat? Most of the shoreline is choked off in weeds right now so that limits what you can fish.
    good to hear I forgot that I didnt say that I was gonna fish from shore because alot of the lake and pond shorelines in orange county are covered with 4-5ft grass but If the grass is thin you can fish the grass with jigs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_sos View Post
    last post I got a lot of info from anglers which was awesome, I went to perris lake and got stunked but I went to the bass pro shop (the one in ontario, CA I believe) and got myself some shallow water lures including a white chatter bait and the next day went to Ralph Clark park in the evening and missed a good bite :( in fact I went to talk to some other people that were using top water lures and finesse and they said they got no bites. Thank you people that suggested me the lures I should use although I didnt get luck on them. anyway I was thinking about going to Puddingstone to see if the bass are easier to catch than at my local ponds for practice.I saw the last post and it got me worried but if you have any information please share it, not only that it helps me it help other people that look at this post :D anyway see yea (cuz idk how to end this post)
    ...If I were headed to the Pudd this time of year...I'd go in the late afternoon/early evening with 2-3 setups....first would be a 1/2 ounce jig with trailer in dark/natural colors; second would be a 4-6 inch plastic swim bait in shad patter on a 1/2-3/4 ounce jig head--where I'd swim on top of vegetation in that 1 -2 foot range if possible; third options would be either a drop shot (kvd dream shot) or a buzz bait with the skirt removed and a 2-4 inch swimbait attached or a texas rigged 10 inch worm for the sundown fish.

Quote Originally Posted by CL SmooV View Post
    ...If I were headed to the Pudd this time of year...I'd go in the late afternoon/early evening with 2-3 setups....first would be a 1/2 ounce jig with trailer in dark/natural colors; second would be a 4-6 inch plastic swim bait in shad patter on a 1/2-3/4 ounce jig head--where I'd swim on top of vegetation in that 1 -2 foot range if possible; third options would be either a drop shot (kvd dream shot) or a buzz bait with the skirt removed and a 2-4 inch swimbait attached or a texas rigged 10 inch worm for the sundown fish.

although I didnt go the puddingstone sadly thank you for letting me know
    ive been getting of the black and blue flake senkos lately and finally caught a bass after 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_sos View Post
    although I didnt go the puddingstone sadly thank you for letting me know
    ive been getting of the black and blue flake senkos lately and finally caught a bass after 2 months
    Nice!

Take that same senko drenched with BANG bait scent up to the lagoon and toss it near hydrilla at night.

DD bass love them up there.