Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fly Fishing with the Kids

Default Fly Fishing with the Kids

Headed up to Lac La Jeune one afternoon on the May Long weekend and had a blast fly fishing with Chironomids. Best seemed to be the ice cream cone with white head, black body and red ribbing. We were fishing near shore on a shoal point. As the day went on to dusk the chronis slowed and had to switch up to a moving presentation for more action. Those small chironomid patterns seem to not get as much attention as the light dims.

Nice video! Your girls will never forget this experience! Great job taking your girls and putting them on some nice trout. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you all had a great time.
    Some of my earliest memories of my father are going fishing.
    I still remember the very first time in a creek that is more of a ditch catching bluegill on worms we dug up in the yard.
    I was probably 3-4 years old.
    keep it up. The girls will always remember these trips even if they don't continue fishing. I know my daughter does and she's having my first grandchild in September. I can't wait for my new fishing buddy to arrive. He's going to grow up fishing.