Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Puddingstone 07/13/17

Default Puddingstone 07/13/17

Hit Puddingstone yesterday (7/13) to fish for LMB. Water temp was 86+ deg F. Lots of grass. Lots of baitfish but nothing working them. Marked lots of fish (fat marks!) but didn't get a single hit. Got annoyed at the lack of action and being a multi specials guy I was determined to see what the marks were. Set up a Gulp! 1" Minnow on a dropshot rig and got hit the second it touched bottom. Those marks ended up being nice bluegill and red ear. Visited all the spots I marked them and probably caught 2 dozen +. All nice sized like the ones shown below. They were all on the bottom on offshore structure, about 10' deep water, rocky bottom right next to a dropoff to deeper water. Went back to bass fishing and didn't get hit for the rest of the day. Some people have been asking about bluegill out there so I though I would share.

WOW ! biggest gill I have ever seen at the stone thanks for the pics.

glad to see the fish doing
    well...

cm

Beautiful fish. Thanks for the report and pictures. It's great to see the nicer bluegill are still there.

Very nice 'gills! Tasty stuff right there.

Nice,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

Those are great pics of a nice male Redear and a big 'northern' Bluegill. Way to go! Aren't they fun to catch!? Were you using light or ultralight tackle?

Looking at that photo again, I did notice that the pectoral fin on the big male Bluegill has a parasite on it and it's short. Those fins on the 'Gills usually go way back. Still a beautiful panfish!