lagoon was super mossy then and still is. a lot of the coves on upper have it also. was super hot those days. i did see nice fish with my eyes but they were in the thick of it and not coming out of it. im sure most are deeper but i couldnt snag any. after hitting the points and coves with bigger baits i switched dropshot small nightcrawler for gills. they were everywhere. looking for a 11-12" one though. since i saw a 2# one posted from the lagoon last year on fishbrain app. how i do the rental is however the wind is pushing i start at a point where the wind will push me down and into the cove turn off motor and let it drift in. trying to make silent entry to the coves in case some bigs are there. not as good as the pros but it has got me some nice ones in past even in small coves. here the vid if you want to check out some of the blues i got and a baby bass and dink. and a fail. i was at upper again today the 10th and water has dropped some and some shoreline has opened back up but its still a little rough hiking edge near water but its a lot easier now with water down a few feet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lpcogy_TVA