Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood Fish Identification

Default Silverwood Fish Identification

I was looking over some old photos of fish I caught at Silverwood and came across a particular trout Im not sure about. If I had caught this trout up north I would believe it to be a cutty, but in Silverwood I'm not sure. Any ideas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_187b.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	50125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_187d.jpg 
Views:	643 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	50126

For good measure I attached a photo of a rainbow I caught the same day, and then a pic of the unknown. Hopefully the pictures come out, guess a few people have had problems recently.

Thanks!

Years ago when So Cal wasn't so dry there was a decent spawn every year at the Wood. That could be a fish that was spawned in one of the tributaries, I've caught them in both the Miller and Cleghorn inlets. Although after further review those fins don't look like holdover fins, probably just a stocker. Also fish that escape from the predators and holdover at Silverwood (planters) take on a more silvery appearance and have excellent red/pink meat I think from them feeding off the millions of fresh water shrimp that reside in the lake.
    Last edited by seal; 07-11-2017 at 10:24 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdink18 View Post
    I was looking over some old photos of fish I caught at Silverwood and came across a particular trout Im not sure about. If I had caught this trout up north I would believe it to be a cutty, but in Silverwood I'm not sure. Any ideas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_187b.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	50125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_187d.jpg 
Views:	643 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	50126

For good measure I attached a photo of a rainbow I caught the same day, and then a pic of the unknown. Hopefully the pictures come out, guess a few people have had problems recently.

Thanks!
    Spawning colors. Similar ones here:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...t=golden+trout

Yep, miller inlet is where I caught it! So the final conclusion is a stocker rainbow in spawn colors?
    Thanks guys!

It's a Squawfish...haha