Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Photobucket now charging $ ?

Default Photobucket now charging $ ?

So when I went to post a photo recently thru Photobucket, they want me to now upgrade my "free" account by charging me a membership fee? What!? After quite a few years, they now want me to pay a yearly fee? Anyone else have this happen to them?

Not only do they want $400 up front so you can post your pictures on forums and blogs but they they blanked out millions of pics already out there until folks pay up. No warning. People on a bunch of the other fishing and outdoor forums are devastated as all the pictures are now gone.

Got jacked up too.

i use deviantart. http://jdogg661.deviantart.com/
    prob the best site to use for it. i dont see them going anywhere and its been free forever and they do have memberships ect but its not required. though im sure it could change it hasnt. my first post on there was july 2014 but the site itself is about to be 17 years old i think.

I like imgur.com -- no login required, no ads (yet, for individual posted pictures), just upload your photos and it even gives you the BBC code to copy and paste.

Not really sure how they make money, though, but that's the basic problem photobucket had.