Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Valley Lake "MONSTER" crappie fry and bass 7/4/17

Default Green Valley Lake "MONSTER" crappie fry and bass 7/4/17

Headed to Green Valley Lake Tuesday morning because I had nothing to do. I went up there for the trout and crappie. I haven't been up there since last year. From my angle the trout were pretty slow. I saw about 5 caught from the north side parking lot fishing shore. I caught zero trout. Only had 2 bites, but I was nowhere near my pole and apparently not all trout can hook themselves hahaha. I managed 2 bass, missed 2 bass on Thin Senkos. A couple of Monster crappie fry and little green ear sunfish(the ones with the fluorescent aqua stripes on their cheeks). Not a great outing, but better than watching baseball highlights on sportscenter in the morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170704_092913.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	50121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170704_054613.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	50122

Hello, What's the pricing like to fish the lake?

$15/person. Not a car. A person... Kids are like $10 I think. So a car full can cost a pretty penny.

You gotta be kidding me. I thought it was free to fish there! I've never heard that they charge you to fish there. Isn't it an open lake.. not fenced..? We almost drove up there to fish to get away from the Riverside heat!

Its not fenced in. It is open, but its more of a pond than a lake. There is a guy that walks around the lake in circles selling fishing permits.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    You gotta be kidding me. I thought it was free to fish there! I've never heard that they charge you to fish there. Isn't it an open lake.. not fenced..? We almost drove up there to fish to get away from the Riverside heat!
    Has been a pay lake as long as I can remember... You also need your license because they do DFG stocking as well as private stocks.

Ha,when I first saw your title of the post I thought I was gonna see some crappie being fried up crispy style!
    Oh well,at least you got a couple of fish to straighten out your line,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

The lake is pay to fish until the lake management closes down for winter after they close then it is free and only need the state license until it re-opens in the spring.

On a side note it is a good lake to practice your Crowley midge fishing technique. The tiny crappie and trout hit the indicator midge setup and hooking a tiny crappie will give you all the practice you need for when your indicator gets "nervous" at Crowley.
    Last edited by seal; 07-10-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Lake Gregory is now too.. Have go go all the way to big bear now

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The lake is pay to fish until the lake management closes down for winter after they close then it is free and only need the state license until it re-opens in the spring.

On a side note it is a good lake to practice your Crowley midge fishing technique. The tiny crappie and trout hit the indicator midge setup and hooking a tiny crappie will give you all the practice you need for when your indicator gets "nervous" at Crowley.
    Correct, sorry I should have specified. Winter months are free(license only), but the fishing is tough with no stocks and the water being pretty dang cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast