Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Buzz and Spinner Baits

Default Buzz and Spinner Baits

I travel to the Midwest several times a year bass fishing. We fish both private and public lakes. We spend the majority
    of our time throwing buzz baits and spinner baits. We do extremely well on both. I rarely see people using spinner baits
    and I don't remember ever seeing anyone throwing a buzz bait in Southern California. I spend most of my time here on the west coast fishing
    clear lakes. The lakes in the Midwest are normally slightly stained. Is that the reason these baits work so much better there?

I'm pretty involved in the tournament scene here in SoCal and I see guys throwing spinner baits and buzz baits all the time. Especially this time of year when the shad are up and thick on certain parts of the bank. The key is matching the size of the bait and throwing them at the correct time windows. Next time the wind is blowing and you have a good mudline throw that spinner bait and I think you'll be surprised at the results.

Try both when the winds blowing at the local lake you will catch fish.

Thanks guys Ill give it a try.

Both work very well here, even in very clear water. Just got back from Mohave, water there is as clear as anywhere. honestly 20' viz in places- smallies crushed the big double buzz when the wind was blowing- you'll find the same thing with the spinnerbait on our local lakes. Don't hesitate to throw them! Both catch good ones, too...