Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Buzz Bait Question

Default Buzz Bait Question

Excuse me for asking a fishing related question on the "General Discussion Tab", but I wasn't sure where to put it.
    I travel to the Midwest several times a year bass fishing. We fish both private and public lakes. We spend the majority
    of our time throwing buzz baits and spinner baits. We do extremely well on both. I rarely see people using spinner baits
    and I don't remember ever seeing anyone throwing a buzz bait in Southern California. I spend most of my time here on the west coast fishing
    clear lakes. The lakes in the Midwest are normally slightly stained. Is that the reason these baits work so much better there?

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    Excuse me for asking a fishing related question on the "General Discussion Tab", but I wasn't sure where to put it.
    I travel to the Midwest several times a year bass fishing. We fish both private and public lakes. We spend the majority
    of our time throwing buzz baits and spinner baits. We do extremely well on both. I rarely see people using spinner baits
    and I don't remember ever seeing anyone throwing a buzz bait in Southern California. I spend most of my time here on the west coast fishing
    clear lakes. The lakes in the Midwest are normally slightly stained. Is that the reason these baits work so much better there?
    You are correct. I grew up in Texas and still love throwing spinner and buzzbaits. You are right with the water conditions. When it's too clear, the fish don't seem to like those type of baits. They get too good of a look at it as opposed to being surprised and getting a reaction strike.

i use to throw buzzbaits caught a few bass here and there but nothing big, for buzzbaits you have to constantly reel it in, i guess there getting out shine by other topwater lures there making nowdays or maybe it just works better in the midwest out of my 20 years of fishing i only probably seen maybe 5 people thrown it

Buzzbaits still shine. But I myself throw the Whopper Plopper most times. Along with a wake bait like the MS Slammer Mini.
    You can pause your retrieve and those baits will float. Sometimes that triggers strikes. The Pampadour is a bait I like as well.

Let the fish tell you what they want. Buzzbaits still a great.
    Last edited by TeamBernadetteBassFishing; 08-27-2017 at 08:39 AM.