Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Are whittler fishing spots any good?

Default Are whittler fishing spots any good?

I've been fishing la mirada, legg lake and clark for over 5 years and never really seen as much bass comparing to catfish and panfish that I use to fish before but, I just got into bass fishing after about 4 years of not regularly fishing about 2 weeks ago. I've fished these lakes and laguna lake the pass 2 weeks and I noticed that there are a lot of newborn bass and some good sized ones. Anyway the only luck ive been getting fish one is a small 2 inch inline roaster tail spinner and a small 2 in rapala floating zerk bait. I found this site around and barely learned how to post so if you guys have any suggestions please tell them (kinda lost with what lures I should be using and how to use them ) but to what I know is that its best to work crank baits very slow since a lot of the time they tend to follow and it gives the lures a finesse action.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_sos View Post
    I've been fishing la mirada, legg lake and clark for over 5 years and never really seen as much bass comparing to catfish and panfish that I use to fish before but, I just got into bass fishing after about 4 years of not regularly fishing about 2 weeks ago. I've fished these lakes and laguna lake the pass 2 weeks and I noticed that there are a lot of newborn bass and some good sized ones. Anyway the only luck ive been getting fish one is a small 2 inch inline roaster tail spinner and a small 2 in rapala floating zerk bait. I found this site around and barely learned how to post so if you guys have any suggestions please tell them (kinda lost with what lures I should be using and how to use them ) but to what I know is that its best to work crank baits very slow since a lot of the time they tend to follow and it gives the lures a finesse action.
    When it comes to bass fishing park lakes I tend to lean toward drop shotting 4-4.5 inch roboworms. Purple colors usually work best for me. It's slow boring fishing, but it works...

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    When it comes to bass fishing park lakes I tend to lean toward drop shotting 4-4.5 inch roboworms. Purple colors usually work best for me. It's slow boring fishing, but it works...
    funny thing I just got those purple robo worms but I think their 6 inches and not 5 but, I have I a question, do you fish drop shots in grass, because I got caught on grass a lot, although I wasn't using any grass weight, it might have been because I was using egg sinkers which work better on Carolina rigs

I've had my best luck at dusk and at night on texas rig dark robos with a glass bead worked/twitched very slow. Since lots of city lakes are stocked with trout, there are quite a few people that have been having some luck using larger crank and swimbaits as well. Good luck.