Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minimum Wage Hikes offer better quality of Life for working families

Default Minimum Wage Hikes offer better quality of Life for working families

Or not. It seems you takers with your hands out thinking these EVIL GOPers who've been suppressing the common man from earning a living wage didn't really understand the impact of wealth redistribution. Yes go on raise gas taxes, raise minimum wage, it'll be better for everyone! Never mind that it goes against all conventional wisdom- after all California's been able to thrive despite all the idiots in Sacramento right?

Unintended consequences but Im sure you lib cheerleaders with MBA's from Wharton saw that coming from a mile, wait i take that back all you armchair couch potato financial analysts saw that coming from a mile.

McDonald's hits all-time high as Wall Street cheers replacement of cashiers with kiosks
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/20/mcdon...th-kiosks.html

Seattle's $15 minimum wage may be hurting workers, report finds
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ers/431424001/
    Last edited by steelhead; 06-30-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Or not. It seems you takers with your hands out thinking these EVIL GOPers who've been suppressing the common man from earning a living wage didn't really understand the impact of wealth redistribution. Yes go on raise gas taxes, raise minimum wage, it'll be better for everyone! Never mind that it goes against all conventional wisdom- after all California's been able to thrive despite all the idiots in Sacramento right?

Unintended consequences but Im sure you lib cheerleaders with MBA's from Wharton saw that coming from a mile, wait i take that back all you armchair couch potato financial analysts and Net weavers saw that coming from a mile.

McDonald's hits all-time high as Wall Street cheers replacement of cashiers with kiosks

Unlike the former "Loud Mouth" Conservatives on here, when the heat got turned up and they had to support their positions, they all took a hike!!!! (Cowards!!!) I'll address any issue brought up by either side if I have something to contribute. The issue of raising the Minimum wage to $15 dollar an hour is a nice topic to discuss. Just yesterday one of Trumps Goldman and Sachs cabinets picks talked about the economy on MSNBC. (as many Conservatives call it Fake News) It's not!!!! The good news was the low unemployment rate and the bad news was stagnant wages. He gave his gobble die gook answer about the only way to increase wages, was to increase demand from other industry's to force wages higher. (like that's really going to happen on a large scale!!!) The other way is through artificial means. (State or Federal laws) Do I think that is the answer??? Maybe not!!! However, testing it on small scales is the way to do it. Seattle was the first city to do it I believe. But Minneapolis just voted it into law and will be fazing it in gradually. Let's see where it goes before you put it on a much larger scale. (State or Federal Laws) Anything is worth trying, even things that might be inflationary.

As for the McDonald's going to Kiosks for ordering. Don't think for 1 minute that was a reaction to higher wages mandated by State or Local laws. They would have done it any way if the Technology was there!!!! (remember their trying to turn a greater profit any way they can) They couldn't care less about employing people so everyone would have a job!!!!

Which brings up my next point.

Productivity is the biggest job killer of them all and that's only going to get worse. Imagine driver less vehicles and how many workers will that displace??? (no more truckers. uber drivers, bus drivers etc will be needed) Yet our population keeps increasing!!!!! You Conservative better stop having Kids in large numbers!!!! Yea I said it, "White Conservatives are more likely to have a larger family then White Liberals!!!" If the jobs aren't there and the wages are low. "WE DON'T NEED MORE PEOPLE!!" The Conservatives don't want to hear that!!! But that's the truth you people polluters!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-30-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Wit out eBen readin' this...

Stuff, comes to mind...

That your John wayne gacy egg shell shaped head has poured out in the past...

Bahhhh lute smells..

It's only schmellź, it's only schmellż...

Half-baked [or boiled]...

It's guna stink !!!!!

He gave his gobble die gook answer about the only way to increase wages, was to increase demand from other industry's to force wages higher. (like that's really going to happen on a large scale!!!)

There are plenty of high paying jobs out there but the ones crying for higher wages via federal or state mandate don't have the skills to fill them. Do you see masses of engineers in the street complaining of low wages? Me neither. You know what the solution is but let me boil it down, have some marketable skillsets or knowledge that any JOE walking off the street can't do.

The other way is through artificial means. (State or Federal laws) Do I think that is the answer??? Maybe not!!! However, testing it on small scales is the way to do it. Seattle was the first city to do it I believe. But Minneapolis just voted it into law and will be fazing it in gradually. Let's see where it goes before you put it on a much larger scale. (State or Federal Laws) Anything is worth trying, even things that might be inflationary.

Maybe not but that's what's happening true to the democrat grand plan, it's divide and conquer, turn the have nots against those who have a little more turn the poor against the middle class as a distraction while they pass laws that help neither.

As for the McDonald's going to Kiosks for ordering. Don't think for 1 minute that was a reaction to higher wages mandated by State or Local laws. They would have done it any way if the Technology was there!!!! (remember their trying to turn a greater profit any way they can) They couldn't care less about employing people so everyone would have a job!!!!

The technology has been there but don't for a minute think this WASNT driven by wage mandates. It's a one time investment in a technology that could replace the boob who would have the cost the same over the course of a year and less liability when it comes to said boob hurting the brand by being rude to customers screwing up orders, etc. So if it boils down to the greater profit wouldn't it make sense to replace the worker with a machine?

He gave his gobble die gook answer about the only way to increase wages, was to increase demand from other industry's to force wages higher. (like that's really going to happen on a large scale!!!)

There are plenty of high paying jobs out there but the ones crying for higher wages via federal or state mandate don't have the skills to fill them. Do you see masses of engineers in the street complaining of low wages? Me neither. You know what the solution is but let me boil it down, have some marketable skillsets or knowledge that any JOE walking off the street can't do.

The other way is through artificial means. (State or Federal laws) Do I think that is the answer??? Maybe not!!! However, testing it on small scales is the way to do it. Seattle was the first city to do it I believe. But Minneapolis just voted it into law and will be fazing it in gradually. Let's see where it goes before you put it on a much larger scale. (State or Federal Laws) Anything is worth trying, even things that might be inflationary.

Maybe not but that's what's happening true to the democrat grand plan, it's divide and conquer, turn the have nots against those who have a little more turn the poor against the middle class as a distraction while they pass laws that help neither.

The technology has been there but don't for a minute think this WASNT driven by wage mandates. It's a one time investment in a technology that could replace the boob who would have the cost the same over the course of a year and less liability when it comes to said boob hurting the brand by being rude to customers screwing up orders, etc. So if it boils down to the greater profit wouldn't it make sense to replace the worker with a machine?
    The problem is when you replace "ALL" the workers with machines. (these people no longer have jobs) Who is going to buy your product??? Also what do you now do with all the displaced workers??? The Romans had a similar problem, their solution was "Bread & Circus." That doesn't sound very Republican to me, so what are they going to do????? I would love to hear your thought on that one!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post

Productivity is the biggest job killer of them all and that's only going to get worse. Imagine driver less vehicles and how many workers will that displace??? (no more truckers. uber drivers, bus drivers etc will be needed) lol
    oh my lord...

pro·duc·tiv·i·ty
    ˌprōˌdəkˈtivədē,ˌprädəkˈtivədē
    noun

the effectiveness of productive effort, especially in industry, as measured in terms of the rate of output per unit of input.

so, translates to... the effectiveness of productive effort as measured in terms of the rate of output per unit of input is the biggest job killer of them all...

huh? of all the boners who google, not only mahhh chit but ANYTHING? you should be doing it more than d umb s and goog allah... (the best compliment you 2 get and that's, relatively speaking... BAD).

no more truckers? bus drivers? uber boobers? might be less deaD and destruction on the highways...

remember as a kid, your pops would make you stand by the tv and flip through the channels til he found just the right show to watch? then they invented the remote control and you were out of a job? lol

that freed you to go upstairs, and find your other job? remember? the handjob? yeah,you remember... rosie palm?

which job did you like better? turning the knob? or turning *KNOB*?

Yet our population keeps increasing!!!!! You Conservative better stop having Kids in large numbers!!!! Yea I said it, "White Conservatives are more likely to have a larger family then White Liberals!!!" If the jobs aren't there and the wages are low. "WE DON'T NEED MORE PEOPLE!!" The Conservatives don't want to hear that!!! But that's the truth you people polluters!!!! lol
    try this... might be fake but it SOUNDS logical...

and this as a little back up, reinforcement, cover... watch your back, check your background.

https://overpopulationisamyth.com/2-...ble-population

US Population Growth Rate:

By YearBy Month

Jun 1, 2017 0.69% per year
    Jul 1, 2016 0.70% per year
    Jul 1, 2015 0.73% per year
    Jul 1, 2014 0.75% per year
    Jul 1, 2013 0.70% per year
    Jul 1, 2012 0.75% per year
    Jul 1, 2011 0.75% per year
    Jul 1, 2010 0.84% per year
    Jul 1, 2009 0.88% per year
    Jul 1, 2008 0.95% per year
    Jul 1, 2007 0.96% per year
    Jul 1, 2006 0.97% per year
    Jul 1, 2005 0.93% per year
    Jul 1, 2004 0.93% per year
    Jul 1, 2003 0.86% per year
    Jul 1, 2002 0.93% per year
    Jul 1, 2001 0.99% per year
    Jul 1, 2000 1.12% per year
    Jul 1, 1999 1.15% per year
    Jul 1, 1998 1.18% per year
    Jul 1, 1997 1.21% per year
    Jul 1, 1996 1.17% per year
    Jul 1, 1995 1.20% per year
    Jul 1, 1994 1.23% per year
    Jul 1, 1993 1.33% per year
    Jul 1, 1992 1.40% per year
    Jul 1, 1991 1.35% per year
    Jul 1, 1990 1.14% per year
    Jul 1, 1989 0.95% per year
    Jul 1, 1988 0.91% per year
    Jul 1, 1987 0.90% per year
    Jul 1, 1986 0.93% per year
    Jul 1, 1985 0.89% per year
    Jul 1, 1984 0.87% per year
    Jul 1, 1983 0.92% per year
    Jul 1, 1982 0.96% per year
    Jul 1, 1981 0.99% per year
    Jul 1, 1980 0.96% per year
    Jul 1, 1979 1.11% per year
    Jul 1, 1978 1.06% per year
    Jul 1, 1977 1.01% per year
    Jul 1, 1976 0.95% per year
    Jul 1, 1975 0.99% per year
    Jul 1, 1974 0.92% per year
    Jul 1, 1973 0.96% per year
    Jul 1, 1972 1.08% per year
    Jul 1, 1971 1.27% per year
    Jul 1, 1970 1.17% per year
    Jul 1, 1969 0.98% per year
    Jul 1, 1968 1.00% per year
    Jul 1, 1967 1.09% per year
    Jul 1, 1966 1.16% per year
    Jul 1, 1965 1.26% per year
    Jul 1, 1964 1.40% per year
    Jul 1, 1963 1.45% per year
    Jul 1, 1962 1.55% per year
    Jul 1, 1961 1.67% per year
    Jul 1, 1960 1.60% per year
    Jul 1, 1959 1.69% per year
    Jul 1, 1958 1.68% per year
    Jul 1, 1957 1.82% per year
    Jul 1, 1956 1.79% per year
    Jul 1, 1955 1.78% per year
    Jul 1, 1954 1.77% per year
    Jul 1, 1953 1.67% per year
    Jul 1, 1952 1.73% per year
    Jul 1, 1951 1.71% per year
    Jul 1, 1950 2.07% per year
    Jul 1, 1949 1.74% per year
    Jul 1, 1948 1.74% per year
    Jul 1, 1947 1.94% per year
    Jul 1, 1946 1.04% per year
    Jul 1, 1945 1.11% per year
    Jul 1, 1944 1.21% per year
    Jul 1, 1943 1.39% per year
    Jul 1, 1942 1.09% per year
    Jul 1, 1941 0.97% per year
    Jul 1, 1940 0.95% per year
    Jul 1, 1939 0.81% per year
    Jul 1, 1938 0.78% per year
    Jul 1, 1937 0.60% per year
    Jul 1, 1936 0.63% per year
    Jul 1, 1935 0.69% per year
    Jul 1, 1934 0.63% per year
    Jul 1, 1933 0.59% per year
    Jul 1, 1932 0.65% per year
    Jul 1, 1931 0.78% per year
    Jul 1, 1930 1.08% per year
    Jul 1, 1929 1.04% per year
    Jul 1, 1928 1.24% per year
    Jul 1, 1927 1.40% per year
    Jul 1, 1926 1.35% per year
    Jul 1, 1925 1.51% per year
    Jul 1, 1924 1.93% per year
    Jul 1, 1923 1.72% per year
    Jul 1, 1922 1.39% per year
    Jul 1, 1921 1.95% per year
    Jul 1, 1920 1.86% per year
    Jul 1, 1919 1.27% per year
    Jul 1, 1918 -0.06% per year
    Jul 1, 1917 1.28% per year
    Jul 1, 1916 1.41% per year
    Jul 1, 1915 1.45% per year
    Jul 1, 1914 1.94% per year
    Jul 1, 1913 1.98% per year
    Jul 1, 1912 1.57% per year
    Jul 1, 1911 1.58% per year
    Jul 1, 1910 2.12% per year
    Jul 1, 1909 2.01% per year
    Jul 1, 1908 1.96% per year
    Jul 1, 1907 1.82% per year
    Jul 1, 1906 1.94% per year
    Jul 1, 1905 2.02% per year
    Jul 1, 1904 1.90% per year
    Jul 1, 1903 1.86% per year
    Jul 1, 1902 2.04% per year
    Jul 1, 1901 1.96% per year
    Jul 1, 1900 1.96% per year

Balut
    Street food
    A balut is a developing bird embryo that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It originates and is commonly sold as street-food in the Philippines. They are common food in countries in Southeast Asia, such as Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside_a_Balut_-_Embryo_and_Yolk.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	50100

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	50102

Name:	maxresdefault (1).jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	50101

this... actually doesn't EVEN schmellz as bad as most all of your thoughts and ideas...

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 06-30-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Unintended consequences but Im sure you lib cheerleaders with MBA's from Wharton saw that coming from a mile, wait i take that back all you armchair couch potato financial analysts saw that coming from a mile.

Hey dip$hit, how would you like to know that someone working on your son's lifesaving surgery was working a straight 10.50 an hour?

And before you answer with your "skilled/educated worker" schlemiel, realize you've lost this one......

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Hey dip$hit, how would you like to know that someone working on your son's lifesaving surgery was working a straight 10.50 an hour?

And before you answer with your "skilled/educated worker" schlemiel, realize you've lost this one......

gotta preserve this, in case she decides to change it after the peyote wears off or is no longer present in her system...

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post
    gotta preserve this, in case she decides to change it after the peyote wears off or is no longer present in her system...

lol.
    SARL baby dalls... in da am... meet me?

But before I hit the hay... where did the 10.5 amount come from?

I asked google, it referred me to goog... I didn't know you were a superior search engine...

Whoa!!! I didn't know this struck a nerve and hit so close to home with you TAKERS. If you're working for a clinic and they are underpaying that's not my problem and if you play such a critical function in this "life saving" process maybe you should ask for a raise and if they didn't give it to you then you can always apply at the Applebee's where with gratuities you will surely be a wealthy man!! This all begs the question HTH can you afford all that blow on such meager coin? Oh by the way I work for the Los Angeles Angels organization and sometimes I feel I'm underpaid.... peanuts anyone.. peanuts get your peanuts and beer right here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast