Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Crowley Lake Underwater Videos - Perch and Trout galore!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Crowley Lake Underwater Videos - Perch and Trout galore!

Same as last year, took the boat up to Crowley for about a week. Same as last year, caught lots of trout and perch. Trout were caught trolling in various depths, and perch were caught on jigs and grubs.

Got a chance to try out my new Water Wolf underwater camera -- I was amazed at how much there was going on under the surface that I never knew about! Lots of fun to see all the videos it captured.

Here's one of a perch taking the grub:

Last edited by shinbob; 06-30-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Here's a video of a rainbow trout. This was pretty shallow, 10 feet or so deep. I tried using the Water Wolf deeper with my leadcore rig (how I caught most of the trout this trip), but at 4 colors all you could see were vague shadows, and at 5 colors it was pitch dark. There was just too much stuff in the water for light to penetrate down that deep I guess.

Last edited by shinbob; 06-30-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Here's a funny one of a large perch that was very interested in the camera, probably because the jig wasn't swimming right.

Last edited by shinbob; 06-30-2017 at 01:25 PM.

One more video of a Perch that was more interested in the camera, this one even took a little nibble! His buddy was busy refusing my grub. I used a white grub for the camera shots for visibility, but I actually was catching more of them on darker colors.

I entered the perch derby this year, but at 2lb 2.5oz, I was just outside the top three.

Last video of a Pick-5 of missed fish (Brown, Rainbow, Perch, Chub, Cutthroat). The brownie followed the lure FOREVER, over 30 seconds! I would have NEVER known about this if it weren't for the camera.

Thanks,yeah your right,so much goes on below us and we never have a clue,nice vids!

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks for the vids ...

Jus wunderin if you occasionally give some yanks on your rod? I was taught that by a guide.