Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowley Lake Underwater Videos - Perch and Trout galore!

Default Crowley Lake Underwater Videos - Perch and Trout galore!

Same as last year, took the boat up to Crowley for about a week. Same as last year, caught lots of trout and perch. Trout were caught trolling in various depths, and perch were caught on jigs and grubs.

Got a chance to try out my new Water Wolf underwater camera -- I was amazed at how much there was going on under the surface that I never knew about! Lots of fun to see all the videos it captured.

Here's one of a perch taking the grub:

Last edited by shinbob; 06-30-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Here's a video of a rainbow trout. This was pretty shallow, 10 feet or so deep. I tried using the Water Wolf deeper with my leadcore rig (how I caught most of the trout this trip), but at 4 colors all you could see were vague shadows, and at 5 colors it was pitch dark. There was just too much stuff in the water for light to penetrate down that deep I guess.

Last edited by shinbob; 06-30-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Here's a funny one of a large perch that was very interested in the camera, probably because the jig wasn't swimming right.

Last edited by shinbob; 06-30-2017 at 01:25 PM.

One more video of a Perch that was more interested in the camera, this one even took a little nibble! His buddy was busy refusing my grub. I used a white grub for the camera shots for visibility, but I actually was catching more of them on darker colors.

I entered the perch derby this year, but at 2lb 2.5oz, I was just outside the top three.

Last video of a Pick-5 of missed fish (Brown, Rainbow, Perch, Chub, Cutthroat). The brownie followed the lure FOREVER, over 30 seconds! I would have NEVER known about this if it weren't for the camera.

Thanks,yeah your right,so much goes on below us and we never have a clue,nice vids!

Cya Tuna Vic

Great videos, that was very cool!

Fun videos! Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the vids ...

Jus wunderin if you occasionally give some yanks on your rod? I was taught that by a guide.

WOW that is SO COOL! Thanks for posting those, I've always wanted to see how those cameras work and if they scare the fish away...guess not! Is your camera mount the kind where you fit a GoPro in, or is a whole separate unit, camera, mount and everything as one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast