Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New Pungo 120 bye bye prodigy 100 exp

Default New Pungo 120 bye bye prodigy 100 exp

Well after 10 days with the prodigy 100 I relized the boat was too small. I ended up back at Southwind Kayaks yesterday. I took a $110 hit but was able to upgrade to the Pungo 120. Those guys are great if your looking for a yak. Anyway the new kayak is super stable a big improvment over the prodigy. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think I need the stabilizers anymore. I need to try it without them to see how she handles. As far as I know and can tell she is bigger and more stable than the past boat. I will try to post pics later this week.

Tight lines,

Jon

jonee523

Default nice

nice yak, if you dont mind me asking, how much?

Thanks,

The kayak was $775 at southwind. They have lots of nice stuff there including a semi-used section. I have done lots of mods including flush mount rod holders, a fishing deck and fish finder. If your looking for a boat goto the all kayak fishing, paddling.net and kayak fishing sites. They have kayak classifieds. You can get a really good bargain sometimes. If new I highly recommend Southwind in Irvine.

Jon

jonee523

I think I saw you a Lake Perris,
    We talk for alittle bit
    I was the one with the two seater orange kayak with my buddie,
    our kayak was the one that had alot water in it

Hey bro,

I remember you and your firend. Have you had the chance to get on the water again? The fishing at perris has been not too good lately. I havent seen any bass to speak of. My last outing netted me 6 crappie and 1 bass on the troll. I'm hoping to get out to mission or newport bay this weekend.
    So if anything I'll see you on the water.

Jon

jonee523