Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lucky Craft for Saltwater Bass?

Default Lucky Craft for Saltwater Bass?

Has anyone had any luck with LC's for Spotties? I've had one hit a Flash Minnow in 4 ft deep water but that's it. Most of the local marinas are only about 12 to 15 ft deep maximum so I was wondering if anyone has tried some of the deeper running models on saltwater bass and could make a recommendation?

Find a bait that dives deep enough and you'll get them to go. I've found that the typical Flash Minnows don't dive deep enough, but there are thousands of hard baits that will get diving into that optimum zone.

I've gotten a few spotties on a tube in Newport throwing that 110 around.

I've even got them to go on regular freshwater cranks:

Spotties not to much myself. But I know a few people who have on the Lucky Crafts. Staysee 90 Version2 or the 120 Deep Diver. I think those would be your best chances.

You're much better off simply dragging T-rigged soft plastics on the bottom. it's fool-proof for spotties

Thanks to all!

Just catching spotties really isn't the issue. If it were, I would go with HookUp baits over anything else every time. I had a 25+ fish morning a couple of weeks ago on the HookUps.

A buddy and I are doing a specific Lucky Craft challenge and I was hoping for some insider info as I have only really fished the LCs in the surf.

I was looking at the 120DD but the Lucky Craft web page was a bit confusing - the info listed to the top right says Max Depth 5-6 ft but the written description says it dives to 9-10ft (which would be perfect). I will probably try one and see how it goes.

Again, thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Ornery Bob; 06-29-2017 at 09:44 AM.