Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4 Legal Halibuts AM Fishing 2 Day Report 6/24-6/25

Default 4 Legal Halibuts AM Fishing 2 Day Report 6/24-6/25

Sorry for the late report. Wanted to post this yesterday, but my photo sharing site was down. Funny thing happened on Sunday morning and I wanted to share with you all.

6/25 Saturday morning.

Headed out early in the dark again. Pushed the useage of my line to the brink, and paid for it. Was fishing and lost two quality fish early on and even lost my favorite Lucky Craft lure. Pearl White Sardine. Line just came off. The only thing I could do is chop off most of my line and hope that I didn't hook a beast that would pull a lot of line. I would have been doomed.

Still managed 2 Legal Halibut 25.5 inch Halibut and a 22.5 inch Halibut, as well as 2 shorties. Conditions were just perfect. Also saw this shrimp that was alive and kicking. Every day is a new adventure on the sand. Found out it was a Target Shrimp. Brought up from South.

Here is a some pictures of the 2 legals from Saturday morning.

Hard to take pictures with my phone camera timer. Dont mind the expression. I was happy.

22.5 inch Halibut

What started out as a disater ended nicely. Lesson learned! New line!

6/25 Sunday morning.

Had my new line all ready to go and something special happened this morning. Invited my buddy Jerry out to fish with me this morning and I'm glad he did. I had already got a few short Halibut at this point. I knew there was a Halibut out there with a Lucky Craft stuck to her. I was searching for her. Jerry comes out and catches a 23 inch Halibut. When he reels her in guess what's stuck to her?? My Lucky Craft that I lost yesterday!! LOL! What are the chances? It was crazy to think the Halibut stuck around for over 24 hours in the same spot. That place has to be holding tons of bait fish. Finders Keepers? He did give it back to me But it didn't come cheap. Thanks Jerry! =) Water was also pretty darn chilly this morning! Was not expecting that!

After that I got 2 more legal Halibut 24.5 inch Halibut and a just legal 22.0 inch Halibut on the nose!

Here is some pictures.

Nice colors on these fish too!

Mug shot

24.5 Halibut

What an exciting time to be out there fishing! Always learning new things. Always seeing and enjoying new experiences every trip to the sand. I have never seen the Halibut fishing this good before. And the amount of legals that are close to the beach. It's turning out too be pretty epic! I hope it continues.

Thanks for reading and good luck out there. Lines tight!

Be safe!

Joel
    8)

That was one cool session,great report and pictures too, that was one cool looking shrimp,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Incredible! I hope you're releasing some of these halis for poor souls like me to catch 'n release as well.

Nice catches and awesome pictures!

Nice fish and a great report, thanks!