Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clear Lake road trip. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    I somehow doubt that people that keep 400 fish over the limit are going to be deterred if the limit is changed to 10.
    I wonder what the percentage is of anglers that keep 400 fish over the limit.

Well if you ever get caught now they are trying to charge thousands for over the limit. 3x over the limit can be fined $40,000. So going over the limit is something that you don't do.

http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?...est&Itemid=197

They do have boat rentals up there but they are harder to find these days. I know Konocti used to have a bunch of rentals, but i think they are closed down now. Online, a place in Lakeport called Disney Water Sports looks like they rent fishing boats. This one spot I know of USED to rent boats, stop renting then because somebody came back without a windshield. The owner stated that the party acted like they had no idea what happened and that the windshield just came off. Then later someone told him that they saw somebody hanging on the windshield trying to ski or something like that. WOW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12