Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June 25th Lake Perris Horrible Tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by antsn37 View Post
    I am a member of a dive/rescue unit in so cal. I have recovered more drowned victims then my nightmares will allow me to forget. I have NEVER recovered a victim with a life jacket on...just food for thought.
    Thanks for sharing... this is spot on... PFD's do save lives!
    ---Mike

Was at Big Bear on Sunday, 2 man raft went out and of course no life jackets, permit etc... Saw patrol boat very near them and they didn't approach the boat and check it out, second patrol boat came by a little later and they almost got tickets and got followed right to shore, had to portage the boat to where they launched, good on the second patrol guy. But the point I want to make is that lake patrol staff seem to treat individuals differently at different lakes and I believe a strict policy should be held up to. I know that at Silverwood they seem to be able to get away with it all the time and last year I believe there were 3 different drownings. They don't have the staff necessary to police these lakes to the level necessary, too many priorities, too many people. I don't know what the ultimate solution is but allowing inflatables and swimming only in buoy surrounded areas and only when lifeguards are on duty seems to me the ultimate answer but once again staffing just can't keep up. I see them swimming and floating anywhere they want every day in the summer, it's only a matter of time before another tragedy occurs, I'll be shocked if there aren't a couple drownings this year and every year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12