Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner bluestone heads up

Default Skinner bluestone heads up

Looks like Tuesday June 27th the lake will be closed for bluestoning.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Looks like Tuesday June 27th the lake will be closed for bluestoning.
    Why so frequently seems like a monthly check there? Is it that bad?

Not really Vince. In fact I miss those times a couple years ago when the backs of coves had nice moss mats for great frog fishing. None of that last summer, and it looks like not this year either.

Grass was just beginning to get to the surface on Thursday. Tons of algae coming in thru the inlet. Launch ramp was a bit of a mess. Truck about slid into the water. I imagine they have to keep it under control for drinking water quality.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Not really Vince. In fact I miss those times a couple years ago when the backs of coves had nice moss mats for great frog fishing. None of that last summer, and it looks like not this year either.
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Grass was just beginning to get to the surface on Thursday. Tons of algae coming in thru the inlet. Launch ramp was a bit of a mess. Truck about slid into the water. I imagine they have to keep it under control for drinking water quality.

Thanks for the info guys