Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Love reading about home

Default Love reading about home

Not Exactly A NEW Member but a member who figured I would come back and read and maybe contribute where I could. A little about me I’m a Native Born Caliboy who got transplanted to Arkansas but I do miss the SoCal Beaches and Lakes and this place gives me time to remember home. Anyway after 30+ years in construction and it taking its toll on my body my wife one day said enough is enough and follow your love and passion. So I did and became a Fishing guide.

3 years in to it now it was the best choice I ever made next to marrying her, I get to target Stripers at will and on my days off a good friend offered me a job working for him in his tackle shop, so best of all worlds. First year and a half was a struggle but all things worth earning are worth it and now I Guide when I want (not because I have to) and work the store the same way both provide perfectly for us.

Sometimes a wild *** dream does come true. Anyway I cannot wait to start reading about home again and pitch in where I can. Maybe torment of few with some pictures from The Natural State.

Thoseevilsnows- Sounds like you are doing what you love! Since I was a boy of 12 or so, I have wanted to be a fishing guide someday and also own and operate a tackle shop. This was because my dad took me off to Canada, Alaska, and lots of other great fishing spots where he hired fishing guides that were really awesome and loved their jobs. Well the future didn't work out that way, I ended up working here in southern California, marrying the love of my life and raising four wonderful boys. I did fish a lot and became a successful fish taxidermist for 30 years. I still wish that I would have just taken the leap and started guiding though.

It is a great job most days but a 20ft boat can become 6 inches as well with the wrong client. People think its great and all the money you make lol. You do not guide to be rich in money you guide to be rich in soul. It has certainly added some time back to my life and a higher quality.