Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: June 22

Default June 22

just a quick report on fishing today ..... scratched out a half a dozen to 2 1/2 # ...... all on worms--drop shot and doodled ....10-12 feet between island and south shore (except for a dink off dam) ..... no love on topwater or deep water ..... didn't seem fish were too active, but bite was improving in p.m..... however, had to leave at 3:00 ......if someone else found hotter action with different approach would like to hear ..... finally, two good things: there are a lot of weeds growing, but no slimy algae yet, so it is very fishable ..... also the day was not nearly as hot as I had anticipated, thanks in part to steady breeze .....whew !!.....water temp up to 84 in spots .....

Excellent report. Thanks.

Awesome report it's much appreciated! Just a question I was out there Sunday and there were weeds all the way across from the island to the south shore how are you drop shotting in that? I kept getting big weed balls casting out. Are you just dropping it straight down?

Quote Originally Posted by desertstorm View Post
    Awesome report it's much appreciated! Just a question I was out there Sunday and there were weeds all the way across from the island to the south shore how are you drop shotting in that? I kept getting big weed balls casting out. Are you just dropping it straight down?

yeah, you have to pretty much fish vertically and just let it hang and slowly undulate in place ..... actually, the doodling texas-rigged was better for me, but both worked ..... btw, forgot to mention how skinny the fish were ..... spawned out and not too well fed it seemed .....but they fought really hard ....bull dogs ...

Much appreciated thank you! At least they were fun, hopefully will find something to eat soon

Thanks for the report. Halos!