Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 6/22 hot stuff!

Default 6/22 hot stuff!

Man, nobody has posted a report for a month! Guess I'll do it then. Fishing has been so-so for a while now. It goes from not bad to lousy from day-to-day. I was out Tuesday 6/20 and only hit one good fish (3 or 4 pounds). The rest were all 1/2 to 1 pounds. Today there was a window of feeding fish in the AM taking topwaters and jerkbaits. Good fish too. Tomorrow who knows? The water level has been steadily dropping now that the special events are done. They bluestoned a month ago but the green balls are coming back. I was also seeing grass floating around. Makes trolling a bit difficult. Water temps are between 80 and 82 more or less and the water is green. I hear they're stocking cats this week.

thnx for the report,,,
    any pics buddy???

cm

Ha, sorry Mike. If I did have one it would just be another guy holding a striper.

No posts about Skinner because fishing has been horrible at the lake

Hope all is going well Pat. Hope to see you out there one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bob View Post
    No posts about Skinner because fishing has been horrible at the lake

Hope all is going well Pat. Hope to see you out there one of these days.
    Hey Bob! I thought about you yesterday. I saw a guy catch a 7 1/2 pound largemouth on the Bigstick, your fave topwater.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hey Bob! I thought about you yesterday. I saw a guy catch a 7 1/2 pound largemouth on the Bigstick, your fave topwater.
    Pat.... Just like all of the other lures Bob used, he only threw the Big Stick long enough for me to have to go out and buy a couple. Then he moves on to another bait. Then I would buy that bait and on and on and on. I think he was paid a commission from the lure manufacturers.

I was out there Thursday. Skinner is a lake I just cannot get largemouth figured out. Got a only a few dinks in the morning. Being a multi-species guy, I headed to the inlet for strippers and caught a fish just about every cast for 3 hours before getting tired and going home. Mostly 12" to 15" but managed a few better fish every now and then. Fished heavy shad colored swimbaits to get it down below the tons of algae coming in thru the inlet. Looked like a wide open tuna bite if you have ever seen that. Tons of fish fighting over the swimbait all the way in. When I pulled up, there were guys fishing bait with no luck. I started with crankbaits/jerkbaits but they would instantly get covered in algae.