Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Aqueduct Oasis Rd, Pinon Hills 6/18 Father's Day

Default Aqueduct Oasis Rd, Pinon Hills 6/18 Father's Day

Been out of action for a long time, due to knee surgery last year in July. Still having a lot of problems with it.
    Anyways, went to my Mom's house in Phelan for dinner and brought my poles along. My sister bought a yearly fishing license ( she has No fishing experience) and she has been asking me if we can go fishing on one of my days off? I haven't been fishing this year, so I didn't have high hopes, plus the duct is a pain to fish with that strong current. I went to Turner's in San Bernardino where I always get my Mackerel before heading up and NO Mackerel (They were dry.. NO anchovies or sardines either). Headed up the hill, got off on the Silverwood exit and decided to check out the Silverwood Country Store which was out of the way, all they had were small anchovies. I walked in & out the store 3 times. Thinking that something was better than nothing but these weren't going to work without tying them on the hook. I was determined to go FISHING, so i got back on the freeway and head up to the Turners in Victorville that was really out of the way. I hit the jackpot, they had about 8 big nice looking mackerel. I grabbed 2 of them and my girlfriend was happy we were finally on our way.

We ate and visited until that best part of summer time came 7:30 pm. My confidence was real low and I told my sister we might not catch anything but that's why its called fishing and not catching. It was really nice out there because there was barley any wind. Two hours went by without nothing. About 9:30 my daughter, her boyfriend, and her friend came to join us. There was 6 of us out there with me and my two poles and my sister's one pole in the water with bells on each of them, just before 10 pm that magic sound went off ( the bell was going crazy). I said to my sister "That's a FISH". I go grab the pole, set the hook and to her surprise hand her the pole but there was problem! That pole was set up by a bridge and the current took the 1 oz flat sinker all the way to the opposite side, so when she was reeling I was trying to locate the braided line with the flashlight to make sure it wasn't rubbing on the side of the concrete wall. The fish was pulling line like crazy, I see her pull up on the rod and I knew instantly, I asked " do you feel it still'? She said "no". It was gone!!

Re-baited the three poles and not to long after a bell goes crazy, hand her the pole and tell her to set the hook. This time I instructed her to reel and walk until the the line in straightens out in front of her. Bingo, she got her first Duct CATFISH!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2345.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	50084 We caught one more about a hour later.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2347.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	50085 We ended up leaving at 12:30 AM. Nothing beats a Beautiful SUMMER NIGHT, Friends & Family, and Night Fishing!!!!!
    Last edited by dA KittY PuniSheR; 06-22-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Nice. Can't beat a family outing and catfish for dinner.

Way to get Sis her Duct Kitty! Awesome report! Thanks