Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: I farmed that one?

Default I farmed that one?

I watch fishing videos on YouTube a lot and it seems like the younger guys call it "farming" when they lose a fish before landing it. I assume it means something like sending it back to the fish farm?

Does anyone know where this expression comes from or where it got started? Is it just SoCal teen slang, or is it used elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    I watch fishing videos on YouTube a lot and it seems like the younger guys call it "farming" when they lose a fish before landing it. I assume it means something like sending it back to the fish farm?

Does anyone know where this expression comes from or where it got started? Is it just SoCal teen slang, or is it used elsewhere?

lol

no country for old men...

i think it means like a farmer raising pigs, he feeds them to fatten them up...

when you lose a fish back to the fishery... you just fattened him up (with your bait) for another fisherman or another fish

i could be wrong... (as many point out that i am).

hookd

if they ever hand you a hoe & this get up then tell you it's the new top o the line phenix and the newest in fishing outer wear...

don't believe them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stock-photo-farmer-in-bibs-and-straw-hat-sitting-on-a-straw-bale-56302684.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	50083
    Last edited by hookdfisherman; 06-22-2017 at 01:13 PM.