Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Boat Transport Help

Default Boat Transport Help

I need a recommendation for a boat transport from North Carolina to Huntington Beach. Boat has a 9' beam and probably requires permits. Must have insurance. I dont want anything to go wrong.

The dealer who recommend a transport company crapped out on us. A deposit was put down for transport, date was booked and they were a no show! @$#^!!!!

It took several months to order the boat from the factory, having it rigged right, only hit another road block. Pretty disappointed and a bit stressful.

I have called some transport companies off google and they are quoting me $4400-$6500. I am pretty sure I am getting ripped?

Any leads will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It runs around $1,000 for a horse to be transported from the East Coast via a reputable horse transport company and they weight a lot less and no permits required. I saw several estimates of $2.75 a mile for boats with 9' beam and went up from there on boats originating from the East coast. I don't know the cost of permits but imagine they (and the cost of a human to procure them) factor into the cost of moving a boat with that kind of beam. I just Googled and found that price dated 6/1/17. Here's another solution that may work.......https://www.uship.com/cost-to-ship/boats/ Understand your frustration but figure it goes along with the "the price of the toy". Good luck
    Last edited by Viejo; 06-21-2017 at 06:55 AM.

I had the same experience. I was getting quotes of $4400-$6500 from mom and pop to professional companies for a 23' boat on an aluminum trailer from South Carolina to Los Angeles last July. Approximately $3.00 per mile. I ended up doing it myself last year. I ran 14 hours a day and round trip took 7 days. I took highway 40 because they're more stopping areas in case of mechanical breakdowns. I took extra wheel bearings, tools and tires just in case. Fun fast trip. Santa Rosa New Mexico the first night, Tupelo Mississippi the second night then South Carolina. Good Luck.

Thanks guys! Found a transporter!