Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: fathers day fishing

Default fathers day fishing

whats up guys, took the boat out today with my brother in law for fathers day.. and man i cant remember the last time ive seen this lake this packed.. got on the lake just before 7am.. and there was maybe 10 boats on the water or so.. and before we knew it every bit of space on the beaches was taken, people were camped out on the south side of the island, sail cove was packed.. it was nuts with all the boat and jet ski traffic.. but we did manage to get some fish.. for the first part of the morning i was tossing big swimbaits lookin for some love... ended up tossing a lil bit of everything, drop shot, swimbaits, jigs, crankbaits.. Drop shot turned out to be the win for us today, but i did have a nice fish easy 8lber come up quick and chase my shad glide bait to the boat but ended up getting spooked and not biting it.. all of our bites/missed bites came from about 12' of water.. the bass that came after the glide bait came from the south side of the lake by the buoy line.. not to many pictures were taken but we were off the water by 1130.. and we were even lucky to get off with how many people were piling in

thanks for the report, Matt ...... glad you survived the crowds .... can only imagine how bad it must have been ....

Nice going, at least you got out, but don't ever go to LP on a holiday, especially during warm weather..

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Nice going, at least you got out, but don't ever go to LP on a holiday, especially during warm weather..
    ya man it was nice to get out.. but it got crazy fast... i cant remember the last time ive seen perris like that... def a lesson learned lol getting off the water was a nightmare..but we did it lol. next time ill be going to DVL or skinner thats for sure.. perris on weekdays from now on lol

Killer report!! Glad you caught some fish.