Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jenks lake 6/8

Default Jenks lake 6/8

Got to the lake around 7:30 and fished the shore for a couple hours, lots of weeds along the shore line, so had to use heavier weights to get the bait out there, meal worms with marshmallows....also inflated night crawlers got us only tiny bass maybe like 6-10 inches long . And a couple small blue gill , but no trout..

Packed the chairs up around 9 and got my inflatable fishing raft and , was my girlfriends first time fishing so i wanted to get her something other than tiny bass and blue gill.
    Kept changing baits and leader lengths , and finally managed a nice 1 pound trout that fought pretty damn hard , let my girlfriend reel it in. She's hooked now lol. Caught the trout on a pink and white micetail , ended the day with another trout .
    Got a couple more small bass and decided to start packing around 2 so we can explore the area a little more
    First time at jenks and have to say it might be my go-to lake in the mountains.

They also stocked while i was there, looked like a couple hundred pounds .. at most
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-06-09-19-22-44.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	50029

Dont know why the photo is so small, used my phone to post this report... but never had this problem before

Thanks great report photo and all, that place is kind of special to me. Love the peace and quiet there.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 06-09-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Thanks great report photo and all, that place is kind of special to me. Love the peace and quiet there.
    While at the lake i recall hearing some people saying they caught catfish, ever caught one at the lake? Yeah, jenks is so quiet, love that there isnt any cabins around, just trees and wild life.

Nice! Tried it last year and it was a tiny mudhole with a ton of weeds. I have much better luck at Gregory. This Winter, I went with my cousin and we took home 2 limits of fish averaging a solid 2 to 3 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
    Nice! Tried it last year and it was a tiny mudhole with a ton of weeds. I have much better luck at Gregory. This Winter, I went with my cousin and we took home 2 limits of fish averaging a solid 2 to 3 pounds.
    The lake is full now, saw pics from last year compared this this year and there is a lot more water, and seems like the DFG is stocking nicer sized trout this year compared to the last two..
    was looking at gregory as well, might go next time

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    Got to the lake around 7:30 and fished the shore for a couple hours, lots of weeds along the shore line, so had to use heavier weights to get the bait out there, meal worms with marshmallows....also inflated night crawlers got us only tiny bass maybe like 6-10 inches long . And a couple small blue gill , but no trout..

Packed the chairs up around 9 and got my inflatable fishing raft and , was my girlfriends first time fishing so i wanted to get her something other than tiny bass and blue gill.
    Kept changing baits and leader lengths , and finally managed a nice 1 pound trout that fought pretty damn hard , let my girlfriend reel it in. She's hooked now lol. Caught the trout on a pink and white micetail , ended the day with another trout .
    Got a couple more small bass and decided to start packing around 2 so we can explore the area a little more
    First time at jenks and have to say it might be my go-to lake in the mountains.

They also stocked while i was there, looked like a couple hundred pounds .. at most
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-06-09-19-22-44.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	50029
    Good Job! That lake is always loaded with weeds.

Nice catch and thanks for the report. I have fond memories of Jenks lake from camping and trout fishing sine the 1970s. After your report, I'm very tempted to take a leisurely drive up there and give it a try.