Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4JUN Sunday Stripers

Default 4JUN Sunday Stripers

Haven't been to DV in a while and it was great to be back on the water. Water temps were 71-72, stained and levels still creeping up about 89-90 air temps in the afternoon. Not too many boats on the water. We got into some action in deeper water 50-60' before 9am and a couple later in the afternoon. The north shore had some bait balls in the mid lake canyons and also the SW corner as well. Saw a coyote pack roaming the shores right before stripes were hitting( its not related to the bite but I kept that in my mind today and I thought it was cool). Get down deep if you can that's were we were getting them. Tight lines everyone.

I was hoping that every one of those fish killers were dead!!!!! Too BAD they survived the water problems that happened during the drought at the lake!!!

YFP

Thanks for the report and pics. Need to get out there myself, espcecially since it's my home lake. Were you trolling leadcore (flycore), dowriggers, or ??? Flies, cutbait, or??

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    Thanks for the report and pics. Need to get out there myself, espcecially since it's my home lake. Were you trolling leadcore (flycore), dowriggers, or ??? Flies, cutbait, or??
    That deep we do use the DR. I'm using a 12lb ball now. I tried out a new bluegill crankbait but the shad swimbaits worked for us that day. The reliable white fly I was actually out of, going to tie some more. Cya out there I'm in a old white Crestliner trolling a lot. Looking back at the years I like May, Oct-Jan for the jailbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    That deep we do use the DR. I'm using a 12lb ball now. I tried out a new bluegill crankbait but the shad swimbaits worked for us that day. The reliable white fly I was actually out of, going to tie some more. Cya out there I'm in a old white Crestliner trolling a lot. Looking back at the years I like May, Oct-Jan for the jailbirds.
    Thanks! I troll with leadcore as I have no DR. DR are on my list of to dos. I like the cooler months myself, especially with this heatwave we are currently experiencing! I'll keep an eye out for you!