Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jenks Lake ...June 12th

Default Jenks Lake ...June 12th

Planning to head to my family's cabin in big bear for a couple of days and i wanted to fish jenks lake since it isnt far away.... Any tips on that lake ? Areas of the shore i can/cant fish?
    And is there any parking fees? or fees for launching a float tube?
    I normally fish green valley but i cant use my float tube there, and the cost adds up if i rent a boat since they already charge 15$ to fish

County lake. $5 parking fee. Float tube friendly as well as a fishing pier kinda deal. Trout, Bass, Bluegill all available to the float tube angler. Pretty mellow during the week....never go anywhere on weekends so don't know but would expect crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    County lake. $5 parking fee. Float tube friendly as well as a fishing pier kinda deal. Trout, Bass, Bluegill all available to the float tube angler. Pretty mellow during the week....never go anywhere on weekends so don't know but would expect crowds.
    thank you, i plan on going during the week to avoid a crowd... ill be sure to post a report

I think they stock on Fridays. I went my one and only time on a Friday this year and did pretty good even though they hadn't stocked yet. I brought the BIG SIX (spinners, spoons, plugs, plastics, baits, and flies) not knowing what I would need but never got past the plastic worms. I caught them ALL on plastic worms.