Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SoCal Spotties

Default SoCal Spotties

What they lacked in size, they made up for in numbers. Plus one pretty nice barred sand bass. I got in the water at low tide and kicked against the incoming as long as I could and then drifted back. The tidal coefficient was high, so the water movement was good and it all came together for a personal best day since I started tubing.

Still learning, but having fun!

I'd say the spottie population there is doing well,where did you launch,what marina were you in?
    Thanks for the video.

Cya Tuna Vic

I launched at Seabridge Park in Huntington Harbor and kicked west towards the bridge pretty much continuously. I got to the flats where I caught the halibut before the tide was too strong to fight, so I let it push me back through the docks on the south side of the channel. I saw a couple of people in boats fishing the flats and a couple of kayakers, but that was it. Oh yeah, one guy sitting on his boat with a line in the water.

Wow... lots of action. Spotties are hard fighting fun. Love the reggae vibe. Who is it ?
    Thanks for sharing
    PE ><>