Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Hodges

Default Lake Hodges

Thinking about going to Lake Hodges or Lake Wolford tomorrow. Anyone been to either lake recently. Going for crappie and catfish. Any suggestions or input is appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    Thinking about going to Lake Hodges or Lake Wolford tomorrow. Anyone been to either lake recently. Going for crappie and catfish. Any suggestions or input is appreciated. Thanks
    I've been going to Wohlford all season. We went 10 days ago to Wohlford and are going back this Tuesday. We have not figured out the Crappie yet. I can give you what the reports say about the Crappie fishing and what the people at the Boat dock tell us. Early bite on the Rock piles on Crappie Jigs or fish under the Boat docks. After that troll small minnows lures close to shore.

As for the catfish I've got them figured out pretty good. My 2 favorite baits are night crawlers and Orange Gulp power bait. (dipped in garlic) Yep power bait, we caught a ton of them on that stuff and you still might catch a trout. (they will bite other baits, but these baits just work just fine for us) As for the spots, East Buoy line is good spot for both catfish and trout. Middle of the lake is good for the bigger ones by the West dam and those air raters. We drift in a boat and get bit ever time. That doesn't mean you can't anchor up in a boat and catch fish. Drifting just works really good for us. Catfish are all over that lake, so no spot is a bad spot!!!

Hodges has been dirty and slow all season, so we didn't even bother to go yet. If we go to Wohlford (90% chance we will) I'll write a report. We will probably catch between 6-9 catfish on Tuesday. They start stocking Catfish in July so hold on to your hats!!!! (it's going to be really good!!!!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-26-2017 at 05:43 PM.