Man I love me some DVL. With the water level up the lake is so much fun to fish right now. Spent the entire day in Rawson's and picked up where I left off. Put a good hurting on them, it was steady action all day long.

Morning started off with great cloud cover, thought I'd be able to get some to go with topwater or spinnerbait but didn't happen this time. Strange because the water seemed prime for a good reaction bite. Soft plastics was the call however. Brush hog, fluke, ika, senko, and big worms all produced. Did the most damage with the 10" worm fished through the submerged brush. Every fish was caught in 15ft or less, and all were in the brush.

Also lost a monster preggo bluegill as I was trying to grab it next to the boat. Thing looked like a frying pan and had a huge mouth, so big that it was able to inhale a fat ika with a 3/0 EWG hook. Bummed that I wasn't able to snap a few pics of that sucker before releasing. Guess I made up for it by incidentally hooking up with a 5lb trout, also on the ika. So to summarize the ika doesn't discriminate.

Ended the day with around 20. Some clones, some 4's, a 5, and last fish of the day went just under 7lbs. I was in the "one more fish before I go" mode and literally had 10 mins left before I had to head in. I got hung up in the brush and was trying to shake my worm free then all of a sudden felt head shakes and was doubled over with a nice fish instead. Sweet deal. Awesome day on the water today, SoCal style.