Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Legal Halibut Early AM Session in NC 5/25/17

Default Legal Halibut Early AM Session in NC 5/25/17

Was on the beach this morning and fishing at 3:30 AM. There is nothing better than being the first one on the beach. No surfers, no crowds. Ahhhhhh the peace and quiet is amazing. Had an hour and fifteen minutes before I had to head out to work, so I got right to it. Conditions were nice. Not much wind, low surf, and not many weeds in the water. Activity in the water was all around me. Armed with the Daiwa Luvias 3000H on the Daiwa Coastal 7Ft. 12# test and chucking the LC 110FM Pearl White SD.

Missed about three fish before I finally got this little Halibut to stick.

After that continued to chuck the LC. Did I mention how peaceful it was out there? :D

I saw a large Leopard shark swim by in front of me. That was pretty cool to see with the headlamp on.

time was running out only about 10 minutes to go I feel a hit on the LC and set the hook. This fish fought nicely and was alot of fun.

Ended up with a nice 23 Inch Halibut to end the session. So nice to be back in the water.

Legal Halibut pics

Righty and a lefty this morning

Teeth shot.

Looking forward to fishing the long holiday weekend! Good luck to everyone out there and be safe!

Thanks for reading and until next tide.

Joel 8)

Yet to get my first legal. Nice fish and great report! Tides and weather look great for this weekend!

Thanks!