Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairmount Park

Default Fairmount Park

Caught a 3lb 5oz bass on a senko worm today. I would post a pic but i have a word of caution. Be careful when walking into the restrooms at the park. There was a guy driving a newer model black Acura with a white MK logo in the back window. He got out of his car and followed me into the restroom. When I noticed this I walked out and went to a different restroom. He continued to follow me in his car, restroom to restroom. After the 3rd restroom I decided to leave the park and head out. He was still following me onto the freeway where I eventually lost him. Tall built male, wearing shades, a polo and shorts. Asian/Hispanic descent with short hair, 30s.

Great job on the fish. Yeah. That's Fairmount. I haven't fished there for a while, but when I did, my head was on swivel. Lol, maybe he wanted some pro tips.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    Great job on the fish. Yeah. That's Fairmount. I haven't fished there for a while, but when I did, my head was on swivel. Lol, maybe he wanted some pro tips.
    or he wanted to put his "tips" into a pro

But yeah, be careful out there. 1st rule of fishing, always be aware of your surroundings.

On a better note, congrats on the bass.

Lol thanks guys. Luckily I was aware of my surroundings. Next time I'll have to keep a knife for cutting line on me...

Fairmount Park has always had that reputation of attracting criminals...... I grew up in Riverside and used to fish there, but nothing bad ever happened to me there. I even won a kids fishing contest there. LOL

Congrats on the fish!! Yup... Break of dawn fishing the golf pond and the pipe in the adjacent cove are always really productive but all the effing wierdos and tweakers are not worth it. But if you are brave you can kill it on topwater in that spot at first light. And then nail some crappie in the same spot later in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    Congrats on the fish!! Yup... Break of dawn fishing the golf pond and the pipe in the adjacent cove are always really productive but all the effing wierdos and tweakers are not worth it. But if you are brave you can kill it on topwater in that spot at first light. And then nail some crappie in the same spot later in the afternoon.
    What would you use to catch the crappie. Never been to this lake. Where is the golf pond and the pipe? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    What would you use to catch the crappie. Never been to this lake. Where is the golf pond and the pipe? Thanks
    Near the Tank

No.. it's not near "the tank", It's right next to the Isaac Walton Clubhouse parking lot. The pond is just across the street . The pipe in the cove is next to the parking lot. Can't miss it.

10. Default

Had a similar experience with a dude following me around near the west side of the lake. Weird.

Otherwise, it's a challenging but intriguing lake! Some big fish there. Thanks for the report.

Seccombe feels more dangerous though, imho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast