Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What is Fake News????

Default What is Fake News????

If I wanted to give a smart Al-lick Liberal answer, "I would say anything the President disagrees with!!" (There is more to it then that) Let's face it, there is 4 kinds of news on TV. 1. Over the air news local or on a network. 2. Cable News Conservative flavor. (Fox News) 3. Liberal cable News (MSNBC) 4. CNN which is suppose to be right down the middle. (it doesn't favor the left or the right) They do agree with MSNBC "A LOT."

Since Trump was inaugurated I've watched all 3 cable news stations every day. It's fun to see an event like the firing of Comey and see how all 3 cable stations report it. Boy, you sure do get two sides to every story covering the same event. On Fox News Trump can do no "WRONG!!!" On MSNBC and CNN they call them as they see them. President Trump and his surrogates and now the Trump supporters, call anything negative said about the President "Fake News!!!"

Is it really Fake???

When Trump was inaugurated he said, "it was the largest attended inauguration of all time." MSNBC, CNN and the Network news channels showed the same picture and angle of Obama's inauguration and clearly there was more people at Obama's inauguration by a lot!! Trump then said, "Fake News Fake News!!!!" I could give a dozen more examples like that, but you get the point. The only news Trump doesn't think is Fake, is the stuff reported on Fox News. Now people on FNN are calling any news not reported to be true by Fox News or the President as Fake News. Remember according to Fox News the President can do no wrong!!!

The worst of the worst on Fox now are Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson. (the smart women on Fox bailed on the network) We also all know now what happened to Bill O'Reilly!!! Fox News had 3 top firings (including it's founder) all related to Sexual harassment. Fox News should now be know as the Sexual harassment News Network!!!

2 months ago there was a Perry Mason moment on the credibility of Hannity. They put Hannity on the witness stand and he cracked like an egg!!! Then for the next week on his show, he complained every day like the little Bitche he is about how a smarter man got the best of him. He said, "I gave an 45 minute interview and they only used 70 seconds of it." (that's all it took was 70 seconds to make Hannity look like the Jackass he is!!!) The cracker was an interview of Hannity by Ted Koppel. We all know Ted from the News program Nightline. A real news man, who was doing news for over 20 years before Sexual harasser himself (Roger Aisles) founded Fox News. Hannity like so many Conservatives fits the description of, "give them enough rope and they will hang themselves!!!"

Ted asked Hannity right to his face, do you think your show is a News show and do you consider yourself a News man??? He said, "NO I AM NOT A NEWSMAN!!!" I am a Pundit!!!! I only give my opinions and I am not covering the News!!! (Ted's now a shark smelling blood) He then ask's, do your viewer's know this???? Hannity said, "my viewers are smart enough to know this!!!" (I can tell you from personal experience, "NO THEY DON'T" they think he's covering the news) Ted sat in silence for a moment and then Hannity put his head in a noose and jumped off the chair. Hannity now committed the worst kind of questioning a lawyer could ask a witness on the witness stand. (you never ask a question to a witness, you don't know the answer too in advance) Hannity then asked Ted, do you think I and my show are bad for America??? Ted said, "Yea I do" Your show only confuses people and 1 person in particular. (Trump) Hence, we now have a new word in the American vocabulary. Fake News brought to you by our President and Fox News and now repeated by the low information voter/viewer!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-21-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Fake news is an inaccurate, sometimes sensationalistic report that is created to gain attention, mislead, deceive or damage a reputation. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/s...-news-3651537/

Quote Originally Posted by gashhell View Post
    Fake news is an inaccurate, sometimes sensationalistic report that is created to gain attention, mislead, deceive or damage a reputation. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/s...-news-3651537/
    If that's the case, why does Trump call so many things Fake News??? Most of the things he calls Fake News does not fit that definition!!!!

I guess the very reason why there is a fake news is to destabilize and maybe sensationalize legit news items.