Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 221 to 229 of 229

Thread: This Week's Fake News

  1. #221

    Default

    I looked up Stormcrow on Google, and this is what I found. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_po...e_kettle_black

  2. #222

    Default

    I find it amazing how consistently people who argue with me turn into the kettle who calls the pot black, usually making ridiculous allegations.

    I want to mention something else. As one of my moderators on Facebook, Tommy, and my brother, Craig, say, these conversations are not really about convincing the person we are arguing with of something. That rarely happens. However, they do reach a larger audience. To see people play fast and loose with so-called information i.e. fake news, to see them cherry pick information to back up spurious claims, and to see them use hopelessly flawed logic and insist that they are correct and being factual, logical and scientific, begs a response, not so much to win an argument, but to show other people what real people of reason who know what they are talking about are thinking.

    Stormcrow insisted that the argument was over a year ago, on another thread, and apparently thinks that his side "won." No, the argument is not over, and his side is slowly losing. I don't expect the argument to be over anytime in the foreseeable future, but eventually, the truth will prevail. Conservatives claim that we would be better off with "small or no government." That is simply wrong, and would lead to a barbaric society. It is moreover virtually impossible in a large nation. We need government to protect our rights, protect our freedoms, both individually and collectively, provide safety nets for those who cannot provide for themselves, engage in projects that we cannot dream of accomplishing as individuals, provide some measure of economic justice and regulation, protect and improve our environment, and many other functions.

    The reason that we have such a problem with lobbyists, and with corporations having too much power and $$$ now, is because too many people have been supporting politicians in the United States that don't want government to do its job. And the likes of the Koch brothers thank these people. It is not like this everywhere in the world. Nations with better governance tend to have more responsible and responsive governments, that do the things I mentioned above much better than is being done currently in the United States. We need to take a long, hard look at ourselves, and ask what kind of government, and society, we want.

    And furthermore, the conservative movement in the United States is driven in large part by xenophobia and racism, getting their supporters to vote against their own interests; thus, the so called "Southern Strategy" has been very effective for Republicans. Look at the violence in Virginia yesterday. So-called president wutzizname (a classic narcissist so I prefer not to say his name) predictably blamed all sides, when it was really white racists who committed the violence. This is not the type of society that we should be moving toward. We should in fact be running from it as fast as we can. http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/M...440171193.html

  3. #223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I see you didn't take my advice. Carry on with your meltdown!!! At least when Hardcore had his meltdown over you, he at least sent us a cute video on his way out of town!!! lol
    I see hand puppets in your future Tuck

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Corona
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I find it amazing how consistently people who argue with me turn into the kettle who calls the pot black, usually making ridiculous allegations.

    I want to mention something else. As one of my moderators on Facebook, Tommy, and my brother, Craig, say, these conversations are not really about convincing the person we are arguing with of something. That rarely happens. However, they do reach a larger audience. To see people play fast and loose with so-called information i.e. fake news, to see them cherry pick information to back up spurious claims, and to see them use hopelessly flawed logic and insist that they are correct and being factual, logical and scientific, begs a response, not so much to win an argument, but to show other people what real people of reason who know what they are talking about are thinking.

    Stormcrow insisted that the argument was over a year ago, on another thread, and apparently thinks that his side "won." No, the argument is not over, and his side is slowly losing. I don't expect the argument to be over anytime in the foreseeable future, but eventually, the truth will prevail. Conservatives claim that we would be better off with "small or no government." That is simply wrong, and would lead to a barbaric society. It is moreover virtually impossible in a large nation. We need government to protect our rights, protect our freedoms, both individually and collectively, provide safety nets for those who cannot provide for themselves, engage in projects that we cannot dream of accomplishing as individuals, provide some measure of economic justice and regulation, protect and improve our environment, and many other functions.

    The reason that we have such a problem with lobbyists, and with corporations having too much power and $$$ now, is because too many people have been supporting politicians in the United States that don't want government to do its job. And the likes of the Koch brothers thank these people. It is not like this everywhere in the world. Nations with better governance tend to have more responsible and responsive governments, that do the things I mentioned above much better than is being done currently in the United States. We need to take a long, hard look at ourselves, and ask what kind of government, and society, we want.

    And furthermore, the conservative movement in the United States is driven in large part by xenophobia and racism, getting their supporters to vote against their own interests; thus, the so called "Southern Strategy" has been very effective for Republicans. Look at the violence in Virginia yesterday. So-called president wutzizname (a classic narcissist so I prefer not to say his name) predictably blamed all sides, when it was really white racists who committed the violence. This is not the type of society that we should be moving toward. We should in fact be running from it as fast as we can. http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/M...440171193.html
    Are you still talking?

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Corona
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I see you didn't take my advice. Carry on with your meltdown!!! At least when Hardcore had his meltdown over you, he at least sent us a cute video on his way out of town!!! lol
    CRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY......WAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA .....

    Libscum

  6. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    CRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY......WAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA .....

    Libscum
    I will say I'm "libscum" as soon as you say you're a "nazi white supremacist". Deal???
    Everyone that believes different from you and doesn't like our new administration is no more "libtard" than everyone that supported or supports said administration is a nazi white supremacist.
    Gotta stop the name calling hate speech and start educated, non emotional conversation. Ill informed arguments are mostly what happens unfortunately and look where that's gotten us.

  7. #227

    Default

    The Danger of President Pence
    Trump’s critics yearn for his exit. But Mike Pence, the corporate right’s inside man, poses his own risks.
    By Jane Mayer

    “Trump thinks Pence is great,” Bannon told me. But, according to a longtime associate, Trump also likes to “let Pence know who’s boss.” A staff member from Trump’s campaign recalls him mocking Pence’s religiosity. He said that, when people met with Trump after stopping by Pence’s office, Trump would ask them, “Did Mike make you pray?” Two sources also recalled Trump needling Pence about his views on abortion and homosexuality. During a meeting with a legal scholar, Trump belittled Pence’s determination to overturn Roe v. Wade. The legal scholar had said that, if the Supreme Court did so, many states would likely legalize abortion on their own. “You see?” Trump asked Pence. “You’ve wasted all this time and energy on it, and it’s not going to end abortion anyway.” When the conversation turned to gay rights, Trump motioned toward Pence and joked, “Don’t ask that guy—he wants to hang them all!”

    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...resident-pence

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    During a meeting with a legal scholar, Trump belittled Pence’s determination to overturn Roe v. Wade. The legal scholar had said that, if the Supreme Court did so, many states would likely legalize abortion on their own. “You see?” Trump asked Pence. “You’ve wasted all this time and energy on it, and it’s not going to end abortion anyway.” When the conversation turned to gay rights, Trump motioned toward Pence and joked, “Don’t ask that guy—he wants to hang them all!”

    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...resident-pence

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I always found her face to be fascinatingly "unreal."

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •