Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  FXG International  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: This Week's Fake News

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

TARGET CEO BLAMES PRESIDENT TRUMP FOR DIP IN HISPANIC SHOPPERS

JULY 22, 2017
    Beleaguered retailer Target has come out swinging at Donald Trump, claiming the President’s policies have forced Hispanics to avoid shopping.

“The Hispanic consumer in the U.S. is shopping a lot less,” said Target CEO Brian Cornell at a tech event in Colorado last week, according to MSN Money.

“They’re staying home. They are going out less often.”

“Cornell didn’t mention President Donald Trump by name,” MSN Money reports, “but he talked about a shift in behavior this year and mentioned ‘border towns’ – where retailers for years have depended on shoppers from northern Mexico for higher revenue.”
    MSN Money goes on to cite statistics from the NPD Group which state that purchases by Hispanics at U.S. retailers have shrunk 8% in 2017.

“There’s clearly been a pullback,” the outlet quotes NPD analyst Marshal Cohen as stating. “There’s concern about going out in an environment where you could be deported.”

“I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s really there and material.”

While Hispanics are reportedly shopping in public a lot less, it’s not clear how small businesses run by Hispanics are faring.

As Todd Huston points out, “Hispanics are well-known entrepreneurs, and NPD Group does not track small businesses, so it isn’t clear if the tens of thousands of small businesses across the country run by Hispanics and for Hispanics have also seen any similar drops in shoppers.

Huston goes on to list the plethora of troubles Target has faced lately, including the loss of upwards of $300 million due to a data breach, plummeting customer satisfaction ratings and revenue so bad the CEO has taken a pay cut and numerous top executives have been fired.

“All Target’s problems,” writes Huston, “began after the company announced its transgender bathroom policy last year, telling customers and employees alike that men ‘identifying’ as women could use whatever bathroom or changing room they want at any given time.”

Huston continues, “the policy brought a boycott that garnered over a million signatures in less than two weeks, and immediately following the transgender announcement the company’s foot traffic plummeted.”

Sources:

There's another BEACH SLAP in yo face!

The truth...

nothing speaks greater than facts

but

can you read between the lines?

it's cause and effect

goog lay dat sheet

cause and effect

it tells another story

kinda like

critical thinking

but deflected...

target did something... it caused a reaction

U.S. did something (elected a real president) ... it caused a reaction

i post up this story...

is it causing a reaction?

lmk, will ya?

i love fake news

it gives so much ammo to fire

back against

when the whiners whine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	50173

Etucker landed these Catfish today on his secret bait. He sent me this text pic, I asked him where but he refused
    to give up the location only saying it was in the Inland Empire. I asked him about being over limit and he said,
    "Yah I know DR but the bite was so hot I couldn't resist, just don't tell anyone"
    This is not fake news. WTG Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Etucker landed these Catfish today on his secret bait. He sent me this text pic, I asked him where but he refused
    to give up the location only saying it was in the Inland Empire. I asked him about being over limit and he said,
    "Yah I know DR but the bite was so hot I couldn't resist, just don't tell anyone"
    This is not fake news. WTG Tucker

I hope it's a bogus report DR. He seems if nothing else to be an good law abiding sportsman.
    If true, this is disgusting and a blatant disregard for rules and other peoples right to catch some of the planted fish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I hope it's a bogus report DR. He seems if nothing else to be an good law abiding sportsman.
    If true, this is disgusting and a blatant disregard for rules and other peoples right to catch some of the planted fish as well.
    I wasn't going to say anything because I thought it was very amusing!!! (it's bogus) The funny part is, it looks just what you would catch at Lake Wohlford now a day's. (which I go all the time) The small ones aren't stockers, there last years reproduction class. The biggest fish looks like a Blue Catfish (which Lake Wohlford has a lot in that size) so in keeping with the theme of the thread. (Fake news) DR did a great job of making a plausible Fake news fishing report, of the kinda catch I've been making all season at Lake Wohlford.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122