Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  FXG International  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Pudd 5-16

  1. #1

    Default Pudd 5-16

    Got two on topwater(LC Sammy) at around 8PM. First one missed it with the initial blowup but came back for it after a few feet. The second was about two casts after and just slurped it. Both in the 2 1/2 to 3 pound range.

    Water level is almost back to where it was in February and warm.

  2. #2

    Default

    cool thanks for the update i been dying to get some topwater actions

  3. #3

    Default

    I've been wanting to go check it out. What area are you fishing?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Thanks for the update.

    My LTB(Lucky Tackle Box) for May came in with some nice frog lure and some frog plastics. Does The Pudd have any areas where these might be useful? It's pretty difficult to find places in SoCal where frogs would be useful.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
    I've been wanting to go check it out. What area are you fishing?
    East shore. Been pretty good there lately in the evening.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briseno09 View Post
    Thanks for the update.

    My LTB(Lucky Tackle Box) for May came in with some nice frog lure and some frog plastics. Does The Pudd have any areas where these might be useful? It's pretty difficult to find places in SoCal where frogs would be useful.
    Did pretty good at Pudd last year with plastic frogs. Was actually thinking of throwing that this weekend with the grass getting tall. East shore is starting to get some matting along the shore.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thundercracker View Post
    Did pretty good at Pudd last year with plastic frogs. Was actually thinking of throwing that this weekend with the grass getting tall. East shore is starting to get some matting along the shore.
    Awesome! Which colors worked well for you? This will be my first time fishing with frogs, so hopefully it goes well. I currently only have an orange W/ red/green that's a lure and a set of purple plastics. If that doesn't work, I'll probably go with a T-Rig on a pearl fluke or Senko. I'm supposed to go out Sunday so this may be my destination.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briseno09 View Post
    Awesome! Which colors worked well for you? This will be my first time fishing with frogs, so hopefully it goes well. I currently only have an orange W/ red/green that's a lure and a set of purple plastics. If that doesn't work, I'll probably go with a T-Rig on a pearl fluke or Senko. I'm supposed to go out Sunday so this may be my destination.
    When you are frog fishing the fish are looking up so you choose your colors according to the sky.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briseno09 View Post
    Awesome! Which colors worked well for you? This will be my first time fishing with frogs, so hopefully it goes well. I currently only have an orange W/ red/green that's a lure and a set of purple plastics. If that doesn't work, I'll probably go with a T-Rig on a pearl fluke or Senko. I'm supposed to go out Sunday so this may be my destination.
    Black with yellow bottom and green pumpkin. These are the plastic frogs, not hollow body. Sometimes let them sink on the retrieve and they get hit also.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pomona
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Its good to hear that that the bass are hitting top water. I got one about 2 weeks ago the bass where slurping dragon flies when I threw out a Live Target popper. The bass blew up on the second cast it was just shy of 3 pounds. I also lost a monster on a Spro Rat 40 worked on top. Last year the top water bite was great for me. For details check out the fishing blog at www.bassinthehood.com
    kirk@bassinthehood.com
    Last edited by CPT.Kirk; 05-19-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •