Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Smallmouth Bass Fishing First Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Smallmouth Bass Fishing First Experience

My First Ever Smallmouth Bass Fishing Adventure Takes Place on Vancouver Island with Matt Benson, Cabela's Pro Staff, from the Youtube Channel Brackish Water Outdoors. He had been inviting me to come out for the last couple of years since I moved to Canada and the stars finally aligned and we were able to connect on an AMAZING day to get out and fish the early spring pre-spawn bite. The fish had really transitioned from the week prior and had now moved up in shallower water waiting to move up and start making nests. We found most of the fish by fishing docks on the sunny shorelines where the water temperature was the highest. The fish were slow though as a high pressure system had them a little tight lipped. The finesse drop shot with a green and white shad shaped worm was the ticket and it was FISH ON once Matt got things worked out. The rest is history. What an absolute blast we had out there. Check out the video and I'm sure you'll agree.

Nice looking footballs there!

Smallies are absolutely fun on the lighter gear.

When you were in Big Bear you never fished for smallie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot951 View Post
    When you were in Big Bear you never fished for smallie?
    No, don't think I ever caught a bass at Big Bear Lake. Was mostly just fishing for trout. Caught some crappie one time and some bullheads.

Those are some fat smallies.
    Great report as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Those are some fat smallies.
    Great report as always.
    Thanks Brent!