Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Kids Catching Big Rainbow Trout

Default Kids Catching Big Rainbow Trout

House Reno Video and Fishing with the girls... they were nailing the rainbow trout. Amazing how a 5 and 3 year old can manage to catch and land these fat rainbows. You can let me know if this VLOG style with longer videos is ok, or no go. I seem to be making longer videos these days with more chatter. Hey thanks for watching guys. This is a pond that we are fortunate enough to live on in the lower mainland. Most lower mainland lakes the trout grow slow, but for some reason they grow fast in the back yard. Must be all the fertilizer. These fish being caught were stocked spring 2015.

What a blessing to be able to afford to live on a private lake with fish like these. All the years of study and work in medical school have paid dividends. The kids seem to enjoy it as well. Sure beats the pay lakes in SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    What a blessing to be able to afford to live on a private lake with fish like these. All the years of study and work in medical school have paid dividends. The kids seem to enjoy it as well. Sure beats the pay lakes in SoCal.
    Sure is a blessing. Lucky kids. Yeah it's hard to beat coming home after work and just going for a quick paddle around the pond and catching some fish.

[
    Originally Posted by Viejo

What I kinda meant is that your worked your *** off for a lot of years for peanuts to get your education and learn difficult and challenging life saving skills (Just spent a week in LLU Hospital Transplant Center with my wife) and encountered some amazing folks working as Interns and Residents who made our experience so much better because of how they interacted with us. You never lost your thirst for fishing even while you were working 20 hour days 6-7 days a week and now you are reaping the dividends of that hard work, patience and sheer will to get through. Nice to see a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    [
    Originally Posted by Viejo

What I kinda meant is that your worked your *** off for a lot of years for peanuts to get your education and learn difficult and challenging life saving skills (Just spent a week in LLU Hospital Transplant Center with my wife) and encountered some amazing folks working as Interns and Residents who made our experience so much better because of how they interacted with us. You never lost your thirst for fishing even while you were working 20 hour days 6-7 days a week and now you are reaping the dividends of that hard work, patience and sheer will to get through. Nice to see a happy ending.
    For sure, I must admit that is one of the hardest things I have ever done in life and some days I really wondered how I could ever get through the day, through the next emergency. But somehow you get through one day at a time. I would totally do it again though if I had to. Fishing was my release. Didn't matter if I was dead beat tired... it's how I stayed alive!

I'm glad you had a good experience there at LLUMC. A bunch of my friends and colleagues still live and work there. I like and do miss that hospital and the people. Great experience!

Hope all is well. Usually transplant is a pretty big deal.