Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood Monster..... and report

Default Silverwood Monster..... and report

Good Bass bite at all the coves... Fish are shalllow and will hit reaction baits and plastics. Didn't see any spawners. Water was 68 - 70 degrees, 4 feet visibility. Not much pressure on the lake... just saw one other bass boat on the water and it was a Saturday!!! Caught this Monster mid day on a dropped shot roboworm!!! Even ran into a school of trout that wanted to play with the blade!! Largest trout was 4 pounds.... Didn't want to kill them so quick released.. Ended up with 15 bass and 2 trout between me and my buddy.
    It got crazy windy at 3 pm .... white caps and all! I wouldn't recommend bringing a small boat here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77692FAB-CBD4-4F91-9750-199133E44331.jpg 
Views:	1167 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	49962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28A15AC3-9162-4C6C-9105-4D4BC1EE5280.jpg 
Views:	830 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	49963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3119.jpg 
Views:	780 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	49964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3123.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	49965  
    Last edited by khanhqpham; 05-29-2017 at 04:23 AM.

Nice bass!!! Every time I have gone to Silverwood I've been blown off so I stopped going. Maybe I should just plan on half days and leave before the afternoon wind kicks in.

Nice DD Khan!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Nice DD Khan!
    Nice fish! Weren't there a lot of lake lice? AKA boaters.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    Nice fish! Weren't there a lot of lake lice? AKA boaters.
    Actually no... I thought it was going to be a crap show like at Perris but it was relatively quiet. Took me 15 minutes to launch and 10 minutes rehitch the boat .

On a side note.... my newly upgraded trolling motor was a game changer. I got the Motorguide Xi5 which has a gps in it with spot lock performed like a champ. It memorizes 8 routes up to 4 miles long each. I guess I got this rather than the Minn Kota because I already have a Lowrance HDS 8 unit up front and with the integrated sonar transducer built in the Motorguide I just had to plug and play. Minn Kota is made to fit Hummingbird units.???
    Last edited by khanhqpham; 05-30-2017 at 07:50 AM.

If you want to avoid winds at Silverwood you have to watch the weather. On shore flow means bad winds in the afternoon almost without exception but a Santa Ana wind event will quite often mean light winds (especially the second day).

That is a beast and glad to read some good reports. The spawn has been very minimal this year by my observations. It started good with lots of beds then the lake was lowered fast and beds were exposed, since then they really haven't gone back on the bed even after water went up a couple weeks ago. Think the stripers are going to have a hard time finding the largemouth fry they usually gorge on, very few shad if any left means the silversides and anything else they can find are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by khanhqpham View Post
    On a side note.... my newly upgraded trolling motor was a game changer. I got the Motorguide Xi5 which has a gps in it with spot lock performed like a champ.
    Just got an Xi5 and agree, spot lock is SOO much better than my old Terrova iPilot. But I understand the newer version of iPilot has improved spot lock performance. The only thing I miss is the display on the remote, though...

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    If you want to avoid winds at Silverwood you have to watch the weather. On shore flow means bad winds in the afternoon almost without exception ...
    Interesting, that is basically the opposite of the case along the I5 corridor. Off-shore winds means you're gonna have a hard time.

Maybe a good strategy is to pick between Silverwood and Castaic based on off-shore or on-shore winds?

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Interesting, that is basically the opposite of the case along the I5 corridor. Off-shore winds means you're gonna have a hard time.

Maybe a good strategy is to pick between Silverwood and Castaic based on off-shore or on-shore winds?
    Yep, I've found that the day before the winds hit down hill there is wind up here but then calms down and it can be 40 mph or better in the Cajon pass down low with little wind at Silverwood.

Quote Originally Posted by khanhqpham View Post
    Actually no... I thought it was going to be a crap show like at Perris but it was relatively quiet. Took me 15 minutes to launch and 10 minutes rehitch the boat .

On a side note.... my newly upgraded trolling motor was a game changer. I got the Motorguide Xi5 which has a gps in it with spot lock performed like a champ. It memorizes 8 routes up to 4 miles long each. I guess I got this rather than the Minn Kota because I already have a Lowrance HDS 8 unit up front and with the integrated sonar transducer built in the Motorguide I just had to plug and play. Minn Kota is made to fit Hummingbird units.???
    Yeah we're probably done for the year at Perris. I have a pass so it sucks to pay at Diamond Valley. I may hit up Silverwood. Thanks for the report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast