Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: DVL Still Dishing Out 5/11/17

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    After my experimental stage, I truly believe you can do anything with a fast (not x Fast) rod with the exception of a rubber tip needed for cranking.
    Yes, that has been my experience as well. Fast rods are very versatile and because of this I have gone away from X-Fast rods, even sold off my NRX's. It really comes down to what your personal preferences are in a rod for certain techniques though. Rods have come a long way and we are fortunate to have many great options to fulfill our needs.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Torrance
    Posts
    736

    Default

    That's nice! Thanks for sharing your feedback. P3 Nautilus has always intrigued me, hype or not, have always heard great things. Those bass or die knobs look terrible on the new destroyer, you can take them off and send them to my way lol

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63power View Post
    That's nice! Thanks for sharing your feedback. P3 Nautilus has always intrigued me, hype or not, have always heard great things. Those bass or die knobs look terrible on the new destroyer, you can take them off and send them to my way lol
    The Naughtyless has certainly lived up to the hype for me, I've put it through the wringer and it's one that I will always own. It's probably the most versatile rod I've ever fished. If you're into bottom contact fishing the X7 line has some sick rods as well I think you'd enjoy. Haha, the Steez usually rides on the Nautilus and to me looks a lot better there but I just brought it for testing purposes with the SV spool being capable of casting everything well. Have you picked up any gear lately? How did you like your X4 Oneten Special?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Torrance
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OG MUDBONE View Post
    The Naughtyless has certainly lived up to the hype for me, I've put it through the wringer and it's one that I will always own. It's probably the most versatile rod I've ever fished. If you're into bottom contact fishing the X7 line has some sick rods as well I think you'd enjoy. Haha, the Steez usually rides on the Nautilus and to me looks a lot better there but I just brought it for testing purposes with the SV spool being capable of casting everything well. Have you picked up any gear lately? How did you like your X4 Oneten Special?
    I love sv spools, especially combined with tws, it becomes hard to put them down. The 103 spool in steez TN is a very versatile one. I use mine for tossing light rigs, works as well as 105 spools. X4 Cyclone is a really nice rod for small moving baits. Its been all bank fishing at local ponds for me the last few years, due to work schedule and married life lol, and 95% of the time, i fish softbaits. And i have other rods that handle worming and moving baits both better than the Cyclone. Looks like ill probably keep it though, meaning ill need another reel for it haha. Yea im always picking up new gears that dont really need because thats what a lot of us just do right? lol Just sent two reels to ian for tuning and have a rod coming from japan this weekend. Probably stop by at work this afternoon to pick up my hedgehog studio package too lol
    Last edited by 4g63power; 05-18-2017 at 10:42 AM.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63power View Post
    I love sv spools, especially combined with tws, it becomes hard to put them down. The 103 spool in steez TN is a very versatile one. I use mine for tossing light rigs, works as well as 105 spools. X4 Cyclone is a really nice rod for small moving baits. Its been all bank fishing at local ponds for me the last few years, due to work schedule and married life lol, and 95% of the time, i fish softbaits. And i have other rods that handle worming and moving baits both better than the Cyclone. Looks like ill probably keep it though, meaning ill need another reel for it haha. Yea im always picking up new gears that dont really need because thats what a lot of us just do right? lol Just sent two reels to ian for tuning and have a rod coming from japan this weekend. Probably stop by at work this afternoon to pick up my hedgehog studio package too lol
    SV spools are awesome, they're great at taking away your thumbing duties that's for sure. I have a few that I've had Ian adjust the spring/inductor and they now cast even further. I've preordered one of the new Zpi spools that are coming out, look forward to seeing how they compare to the BE, 001, and 002's.

    Hey what's better than giving yourself an excuse to buy another reel lol. What rod did you get? Steez Racing?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Torrance
    Posts
    736

    Default

    I wish it was one of the racing designs lol. Im still not quite sure about the AGS, eventually would love to try one though. I went with a steez machine gun cast type 1.5 for the ltd i just got back from ian. They match very well in my eyes and hope they fish as well as they look too lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170525_112643.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	49951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170525_112528.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	49952  
    Last edited by 4g63power; 05-27-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •