Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVL Still Dishing Out 5/11/17

Default DVL Still Dishing Out 5/11/17

Beautiful day at the jewel. The algae isn't as bad as it was a couple weeks ago, but is still pretty thick and has made its way to the west end. The cleanest water I found was on the western facing banks on the south side.

Probably could've skipped coffee this morning as the first fish got the juices flowing. Not the biggest but by far the hardest fighting fish I've caught all season. Wrestled her out of a bush, received a nice aerial show, and proceeded to take me around the boat a couple times.

Did a lot of running and gunning mid morning trying to piece the puzzle and find clean water. Private boaters were moving around a lot which usually isn't a good sign. Finally decided to just slow down and that turned out to be the right decision. The bass were really hunkered down in the submerged brush seemingly wanting something to fall in their lap.

Ended up with 12 and should've had a handful more. Had many half hearted passive aggressive bites missed early in the day, but once the wind picked up Rawsons started to go off. Good senko bite early, great ika bite late. They were straight murdering the fat ika though.

Last edited by OG MUDBONE; 05-13-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Great report. Love me sum ika fishing!

Awesome! You have dvl dialed in. Which new destroyer is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63power View Post
    You have a evo?

Quote Originally Posted by fishntime38 View Post
    Great report. Love me sum ika fishing!
    Agreed, the Ika will never go out of style. Awesome bait to fish in cover.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63power View Post
    Thanks Jimmy. Dvl has been kind to me this season, I'm enjoying all the new cover in the lake and I think the bass are too. That one is the Javelin, fits nicely between my X7 Extreme Mission and P3 Nautilus. It has a unique taper, not quite as fast as the EMX7 and not as moderate as the Nautilus, so it's very versatile and not just a moving bait rod like it's description would lead to believe. It fishes true to its ratings too unlike a lot of MB rods. I look forward to putting in some more time with it, so far I've thrown 6" senkos, ikas, spinnerbaits, swim jigs, and was throwing a 6xd at San V and it handled them all very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    You have a evo?
    I did from 03 to 06 haha

Nice job on some tough fish!

Quote Originally Posted by OG MUDBONE View Post
    Thanks Jimmy. Dvl has been kind to me this season, I'm enjoying all the new cover in the lake and I think the bass are too. That one is the Javelin, fits nicely between my X7 Extreme Mission and P3 Nautilus. It has a unique taper, not quite as fast as the EMX7 and not as moderate as the Nautilus, so it's very versatile and not just a moving bait rod like it's description would lead to believe. It fishes true to its ratings too unlike a lot of MB rods. I look forward to putting in some more time with it, so far I've thrown 6" senkos, ikas, spinnerbaits, swim jigs, and was throwing a 6xd at San V and it handled them all very well.
    After my experimental stage, I truly believe you can do anything with a fast (not x Fast) rod with the exception of a rubber tip needed for cranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Nice job on some tough fish!
    Thanks Brent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast