Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New guy her from Norcal

Default New guy her from Norcal

Just moved here from the dreaded Socal. Enjoy stream fishing and using salmon eggs. May try fly fishing. Any suggestions as where to fish would be appreciated. Grass Valley area.
    Thanks
    Mike

Welcome to the party! I have family in Grass Valley, love visiting that area...I have done well at numerous spots up there including Collins, Englebright and Scotts Flat, but these are lakes and reservoirs. I would get a too[ map of your area and start hitting the local tackle shops for stream options, but you should have tons of options within an hour drive with all the water this year. Good luck!

TD

Mike, welcome to the board but I'm a little bit confused, are you from North Cal and now in Socal or did you move from Socal up north? I fished Nor Cal for most of my life, primarily Sacramento and Feather Rivers, Upper yuba is also a nice one and you can get into some decent wild trout up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
    Just moved here from the dreaded Socal. Enjoy stream fishing and using salmon eggs. May try fly fishing. Any suggestions as where to fish would be appreciated. Grass Valley area.
    Thanks
    Mike

Welcome aboard Mike. If you hit the local tackle shops, you should be able to get some good advice for getting fish in that area. Most want you to catch fish and utilize their businesses.
    Good luck and tight lines!

Brent

Welcome to the forum, Mike! Cheers!