Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Kern river back country riding

Default Kern river back country riding

We decided to do a dual sport ride in kernville. Camped at the campground next to McNally. Kern river was raging so I didn't even try to catch anything. We woke up Saturday morning and headed up the upper rincon trail only to find that we couldn't cross a river. So we had to turn around. Lots of downed trees on the way to big meadow. We fished salmon creek for one small brown. Then we headed down the cannell trail back to our camp spot. We ended up riding a little over 80 miles. Woke up Sunday and hit the lake. First spot was paradise cove. We caught 3 trout and a couple of squaw fish I think that's what they are called.

Chucky,

Did you pick up the Rincon Trail from Sherman Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Chucky,

Did you pick up the Rincon Trail from Sherman Pass?
    No. Sherman pass has too much snow. We rode the lower portion then came to a creek that we can usually cross. But it had way to much water in it. We went down I think 2ns11 to get to cannell trail where we had to push and pull our bikes through snow for about a mile before the snow was gone. I'm exhausted today!!!