Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trout plant 5/5/17 for kids day 5/6/17 i just found out. cant get out.

Default trout plant 5/5/17 for kids day 5/6/17 i just found out. cant get out.

so ya i just read that they stocked trout there friday. for the kids day saturday. i wish i wouldve known friday, i would have got there somehow sat. i thought the trout plants were done here.
    supposed to rain sunday and mon. so if go out be prepared. but might be able to snag some bigs near the trout easily. ps they dumped them on the main ramp near the dam.

"Snag some bigs" guess that saves on buying bait.

Nice of you to share that they dumped them by the ramp....it does make it easier for the truck to get close to the water.

well sometimes they stock it on the west ramp by the lifeguard tower...sarcastic are we lol. so ya now you know. when i say snag some bigs. that means hook a big largemouth or a striper... since ya now the bait fish was just freshly stocked for fishermen and the predators of the lake. good luck on some lunks this year.. if you get out.

Yep...having a little fun with you. it was good that you still get the chance to get out and try for some "Lunks" and are willing to share the info with others. Old age and a bunch of ailments prevent me from walking the banks any more but miss the heart thumping blow ups the big ones can give an angler....no matter what the lure/bait/fly.

Don't they dump the trout into a pen? Makes for an interesting mental picture: hordes of hungry, frustrated bass cruising around the edges of the pen, getting all worked up.

lol shinbob, no they dont dump them in a pen. but it does bring the big fish from the depths and makes them a little more vulnerable and easier to catch while they come up and chase some trout around. also ive seen people catch some nice trout from the plants also. like 24"+ in size. i still try to get lmb or striper though when they stock it. viejo its cool, i wasnt able to get out i just shared the info after i found out about it. ya at castaic its prob easier to catch fish on a boat also. sadly im stuck on shore. and when i did want to rent a boat when the fish were biting good this year it was too windy, then the water dropped and bass went deep. last thing i want to do is rent a boat and skunk. though the bite has picked up again, my biggest fish and best day at castaic from shore this year is a day after a trout plant. with the float and fly. pre spawn, little tiny fly 6 foot under a bobber near some ledges got me some nice fish that day. and each bass in the lake, lmb striper and smallie. use whatever you want at castaic just get on the water and get your baits wet. me i like to go 20-30 foot deep all year esp cuz i rarely get there for morning and evening bites and my main target is lmb i want to get a 12#+. good luck out there.

Picture from Saturday, very cool how they do that for the young anglers!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 05-08-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Picture from Saturday, very cool how they do that for the young anglers!

TD
    That is great! Heck of a line there, though. I assume it's catch one trout then let the next one in? Hopefully everyone got one!

woah so they did do a net, i never seen that but i guess i dont have a kid and never fished that day before. my bad shin i thought you were just joking around. dang i should have took my niece ill just try to take her out in the fall when the sunfish are hugging shoreline and she can get fish after fish without getting bored super fast.. thanks for that pic now i know.

That is awesome that they do that kind of event for the kids. No better way to get kids hooked on fishing =0)

I knew I should have made the drive Sunday morning and fish for the stripers.

Raini with recent trout plant, early am = perfect combination for throwing the big swimbaits. Guess you snooze you lose lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast